Infected PC!!

Solved
Hello,

I just acquired a Dell PC and my daughter inserted a USB key and locked it. AVG detected threats. I scanned with USBFix and Ad Remover and ZHPDiag; log here:

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 4.0
http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?file=cj201104/cij2fwZcar.txt

Thank you for helping: note: currently the PC no longer runs as before; at startup the AVG alert appears and I can't remove it.

43 answers

  1. I couldn't find the n: series and Dell can't communicate it to me, in short support is too complicated, can I use another support?
    0
    1. Security Contributor
      Hello,

      does this help you:

      http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=fr&cs=frbsdt1&l=fr&s=bsd&docid=DSN_360822&isLegacy=true

      (Dell support is an incredible mess)
      --
      see you
      Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme. Rabelais
      0
      1. Yes, it works!!!! did you find something to activate Bluetooth?
        0
        1. Security Contributor
          Hi there,

          yes, I was talking about the DELL support links.

          I didn’t include a link for backups on external media. The Windows Explorer Copy function works. But you can also use other explorers or specialized tools.

          --
          See you later
          Science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
          0
          1. RE

            For the rest, it is a good investment to know your computer better (here the mechanisms for restoring/repairing Windows).

            IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT the link higher up,
            0
            1. Hello;
              indeed I back up on CD and/or USB drive your point, I explore and take notes to come back just in case!!
              you omitted to attach the link ........above I encountered a lot of topics concerning this section.
              now I’m also looking for a section concerning Bluetooth I would like to use my phone with the computer....
              I tell you again thank you and thanks to you and CCM I’m learning a lot of things and one day I’ll help internet users in turn:lol
              see you later
              0
              1. Security Contributor
                Hi there,

                I’m repeating it: the only thing to do is back up your personal data.

                As for the rest, it’s a good investment to better know your computer (here, the mechanisms for Windows restoration/repair).

                —

                See you,

                Science without conscience is but ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                0
                1. okay dear friend, thanks for everything, I’m studying your link and I’m looking on Google on my side because I want to configure Bluetooth as well
                  I’ll keep you posted
                  0
                  1. Security Contributor
                    Hi,

                    I’m not sure if you understand English. But since I had a bit of trouble finding the reference, I’m linking the Dell user manual

                    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_370333&isLegacy=true

                    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/SOFTWARE/DBRM/index.htm

                    the problem is a bit complicated by the fact that the 13 lacks an internal CD/DVD drive and the external drive is optional.

                    Rest assured, you don’t need to restore your system.

                    Simply, it’s better to know in advance what’s possible and how to do it.

                    It makes life easier the day a serious problem arises.

                    ===

                    The important point quickly is to back up your personal documents to an external medium.

                    An external USB hard drive is a good solution.

                    If you have a backup of your data, with the original CDs, we can always work it out.

                    --
                    See you soon
                    Science without conscience is but the ruination of the soul. Rabelais
                    0
                    1. Security Contributor
                      Hi,

                      give me the exact model of the computer (like Dell Latitude 1224).

                      That way I’ll find the technical references.
                      --
                      See you
                      Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                      0
                      1. no, nothing weird i saw it's the huawei modem that is recognized as d; that's all

                        on dell documentation i found nothing about restoration and backup,
                        0
                        1. Security Contributor
                          Hello,

                          there is something strange.

                          On the one hand you say the computer has no CD drive, on the other hand you have the “Dell Windows CD” (which is the brand of the computer).

                          Take a good look at the documentation.
                          --
                          @+
                          Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                          0
                          1. Hello,

                            Sincerely, it’s a gift I received from a dear person with a Dell wind7 CD.

                            I think the D: is the 3G USB modem key.

                            I’ve seen several backups created by Revo, Glary, etc.!!!!

                            In all the programs I’ve seen documentation, which I will study and I’ll keep you posted.

                            Thanks again, Lyonnais;
                            0
                            1. Security Contributor
                              Good evening,

                              We'll just settle for taking a clean restore point.

                              start by typing "restore" in the "Search programs and files" box.

                              Choose Create a restore point and click Create.

                              ===

                              What does the computer's documentation say about backup and restore (and Windows repair)?

                              Do you have a restore partition?

                              ===

                              You don't have a CD drive? What does D:\ correspond to in Windows Explorer?

                              --

                              See you later.

                              Science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                              0
                              1. I’m hesitating to venture out; I’ve found several sections, but I’d prefer you give me a step-by-step plan!!
                                thank you; I don’t have a CD drive on my PC, so if there’s a mistake in the registry or elsewhere, it will be a mess
                                0
                                1. hello,

                                  I’m getting familiar with wind.7 a bit and I’m looking for how to empty and create a save point
                                  0
                                  1. Security Contributor
                                    Hi,

                                    yes,

                                    it's a good initiative.
                                    --
                                    see you
                                    Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                                    0
                                    1. Ok, by the way, should I empty [the] restore and create a restore point?
                                      0
                                      • 1
                                      • 2
                                      • 3