My PS2 is freezing.

Hello,

For a few days, my PS2 has been freezing while I play: After about 5 minutes, the game freezes and I have to restart.
It was working perfectly before, and this happens on all games: I've cleaned it thoroughly, including the lens, but nothing works. I think it might be a ventilation/overheating issue (It's the mini PS2, I've heard it's common, especially since I've had it for several years.) If that's the case, what should I do? Should I replace the ventilation? Just clean it? Where is the fan located?

PS: I don't know if it's related, but for a few weeks now it's been struggling to read games... I have to turn it on first, then wait at least 2 minutes, or even restart it several times before it reads the disc.

Thanks for your help.

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.8

5 answers

  1. Ah, so she's definitely dead? It's not possible that it's just a dirty fan or something?
    2
    1. Hi there ^^

      I have this little creature too!

      I’ve played hundreds of hours on it, I’ve had it for about five years, and it still works well. ^^

      Try to get it repaired, or buy a new one! These days it should be at a pretty low price. =p

      Best regards,

      --
      ~
      0
      1. It's definitely possible; but always try to take it to a repairman if you want to keep it, he can diagnose the problem and fix it. ^^

        After that, it's up to you!

        As for the fan, whether it's dirty... I doubt it. Your PS would need to be stored in a fairly dusty place with drafts... and even then!

        ~
        0
        1. Advice: trade your old PS2 for a PS3 ^_^
          0
          1. Okay, I'll try to see about having it repaired/replaced then...

            As for the PS3, I would really like to, but it's unfortunately out of my budget xD

            Anyway, thanks for your help.
            0
            1. it's not the end of the world, I bought a brand new PS3 Slim with a game on PriceMinister for only €250...
              0
            2. Maybe not for you, but I'm only 15 years old and if I want to have the 250 euros... It's a matter of several years. Anyway, I'm not going to go into details, but I can't buy it even though I’m dying to have it.
              0
            3. Alright ^_^, I got my PS3 Slim when I was 16 (I'm 17 now) and I sold my Wii to buy it. Just wait for your birthday ^_^
              0
            4. Oh yeah, dingofoot, do you remember me?

              As for your PS2, you can try taking it to a repair shop, or you could open it yourself if it's possible, but a console is like any other computer/electronic device; it breaks down at some point or another ^^

              My PS2 is 10 years old =) and it works ^^ yay, but I don't use it anymore obviously

              As for getting another console, why not, but it's a pretty tough investment to make, I understand you. You could buy a PS2 again, even new, slim and all, it won't cost much =) and with lots of games too lol

              Catch you later!
              0
            5. @LambdaDelta

              You're 27 now, did you get the PS3?

              1