Canon printer error code E5

Solved
Hello,
I have a Canon MP210 printer that indicates error code E5
so far, no issues, I was used to having my cartridges refilled. When I go to the assistant, it tells me that my printer is not responding; I have tried the steps indicated on the forum but it still won't print. It displays this code and the lights corresponding to the cartridges are flashing orange and the triangle light with a lightning bolt inside remains on
thank you in advance for your help
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

6 answers

  1. It's normal that, displaying an error of this type, the whole machine is blocked...
    Regarding the cartridge, in principle, it's the color one that causes the problem, but that's only based on the experience we have, my "filler" and I... hence the interest in checking with your store if they can try one, which may save you from buying a new one for nothing...

    Good luck,

    Best regards,

    @+
    6
    1. Really a thousand thanks, I followed your advice and replaced the color cartridge with a Canon one and everything is working again!
      Fortunately, because my daughter has to print her thesis and submit it in the next few days!
      Best regards, Chris
      0
    2. @chrisI'm happy for both of you... ;)

      Best regards,

      See you!
      0
    3. Hello,
      I have a Canon MP280 printer that shows an error code E6.
      0
  2. Re...

    Generic is the opposite of that of the brand...
    My machine gave me problems after I had refilled Canon cartridges: the color made it show E5 blinking, and when I went to my "refiller," she told me that she often had this problem... and that if I put a new Canon cartridge for color, it should work: which I did, and it started working again!
    But I can't guarantee that this will be the same for yours... the ideal would maybe be to go back to your recharger, who might kindly try one for you, so you don't buy it for nothing... but well...?!
    Good luck,

    Regards,

    @+
    1
    1. Hello...

      Personally, with a MP160, it does that if I put in a GENERIC COLOR cartridge... if the black one, no problem...
      Try putting in a Canon color one, it should work again...

      Best regards,

      @+
      0
      1. Thank you for your help, but what do you mean by "generic"? My two black and color cartridges are refilled cartridges. Do I need to replace them with a "Canon" cartridge?
        Thank you in advance.
        0
    2. Ok, thank you very much, I will follow your advice!
      0
      1. You will let us know....?

        Best regards,

        See you soon
        0
        1. Yes, of course, I'll keep you informed, but I still have a small question if it’s not too much trouble lol. In addition to the E5 error code, the scanner is not working anymore and says scanning impossible, maintenance status. So should I still try to put a Canon cartridge in, black or color?
          0
        2. Yes, I think it's better.
          0
      2. I have a Canon MP210 with error code 5 that appeared, and I found the solution
        you just need to put in 2 new Canon cartridges to resolve the error; then you can put any cartridge in its place without any problems
        I keep the Canon cartridges for the next breakdown, as I found on a foreign site
        good luck to you
        0