IMAP server

Hello,
I have an email account with SFR and suddenly I can't update my emails. I'm being told that "the connection to the server Imap.sfr.fr has timed out." How can I fix this problem? Maybe my current location abroad has something to do with it.
Thank you very much,

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 81.0

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    hello
    try increasing the server connection time
    Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General -> Config Editor
    search for mailnews.tcptimeout
    increase the value, e.g. 500
    1
    1. Hello Tiphan

      Maybe my current location abroad has something to do with it.

      Very possible. What is the configuration of your outgoing server?
      If it's an unauthenticated sending configuration (without SSL, without authentication method, port other than 465), you can only use it on your ISP's line.
      0
      1. Hi

        SMTP, for an IMAP issue?
        0
    2. Exactly, my mistake.

      Incoming server authenticated the same way:

      Server = imap.sfr.fr
      port = 993
      Security = SSL/TLS
      Authentication by plain password
      Username = full SFR email address
      0