CPU 99 degrees!!!

Solved
Hello, I have a problem. I have a PC that I built a year and a half ago. It has been making loud fan noises for the past 2-3 weeks, but not continuously, just every once in a while. Two days ago, it was really loud for a long time, so I launched HWMonitor and saw that my processor was at 99 degrees, so I turned it off immediately. After doing some research, I ordered thermal paste.
But when I restarted it (after changing the paste), it was really loud again, and I quickly launched HWMonitor, and it was at 95 degrees, then it dropped suddenly.
I then used a CPU stress test (MSI Kombustor), and even at 100% usage, it only reached 55 degrees.
So I’m not sure what to do; if you have any solutions, I’m all ears. Thank you!

Configuration: iPhone / Safari 12.0

1 answer

  1. Hello, maybe there's a failure with the processor temperature sensor. If that's the case, there's no need to panic; the fans will run at full speed thinking they're doing the right thing, but there’s no risk to worry about. However, if the problem persists and it bothers you, the solution is to change the motherboard (if it is indeed the sensor causing the malfunction).
    1. Thank you for your response. I'm also thinking it's a sensor bug because I just started my computer, and before I've even logged into my session, the CPU fan is already going crazy. At least I hope it's just a sensor bug; it's a shame because my motherboard was new (5 months old)!
    2. Hello,
      Before considering replacing the motherboard, why not try booting from a Linux live USB (we're not installing anything on the hard drive)? If it's a sensor issue, you'll encounter the same overheating symptoms during the live Linux session. Otherwise, it would be a software problem.
      It's worth a try before incurring expenses without being sure of the outcome.
    3. Why not check the temperature in the BIOS and maybe the configuration of the CPU fan speed in relation to the temperature, which may have changed.
    4. Thank you for your help, I will check this hoping to find my happiness ???? I will take a look in the BIOS to see if the temperatures are the same!
    5. I have a be quiet! Pure Rock cooler, do you think I can install it? Because if I still have overheating issues, I think it must be due to the sensors!