Set Warrant Bit: noyau
Solved
Hello,
Yesterday I used a software (Doctor Phone) to try to recover deleted messages (SMS). Today, when I turn on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android, I see the message in the title of this message appearing on the startup screen where the Samsung logo is displayed.
What does this mean? Did I modify something in the kernel of my phone? How can I return to the state before the manipulations I made with the software yesterday? Is there a possibility of restoring to an earlier date like on Windows?
In any case, I plan to do a factory reset soon. Will it erase these bad manipulations?
Thank you.
Fabien.
Configuration: Windows 7
Firefox
Yesterday I used a software (Doctor Phone) to try to recover deleted messages (SMS). Today, when I turn on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android, I see the message in the title of this message appearing on the startup screen where the Samsung logo is displayed.
What does this mean? Did I modify something in the kernel of my phone? How can I return to the state before the manipulations I made with the software yesterday? Is there a possibility of restoring to an earlier date like on Windows?
In any case, I plan to do a factory reset soon. Will it erase these bad manipulations?
Thank you.
Fabien.
Configuration: Windows 7
Firefox
40 answers
-
Anonymous userOK, thank you. I'll do that during the week and keep you updated.
--
Posted from CCM Live forum for Android -
xylonHi
no, you won't get an update; the last version will be Android 6.0.1... you seem surprised... just like me, who has a Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F version 6.0.1 and that's the latest version, and there won't be another one either... it's the same with manufacturers, as the age of the device won’t evolve either. -
xylonI repeat that the one from samfirmware ends with tar.md5, so you have nothing to decompress..
only odin pc being a zip file, you decompress it, then once extracted, you right-click to run odin pc.EXE as administrator...then I don’t know why you can’t see your firmware on your desktop..move this rom file to downloads for example, then click on the AP box AND SEARCH FOR YOUR FILE in downloads.
I think rugby has disturbed you...please read the tutorials I sent you carefully.-
-
xylonNO IDEA... I'm with Numericable, so in less than 1 hour and 30 minutes it's done for free, on the Samfirmware website and on the Samsung Update site, that was the worst, over 5 hours... as for you, I don't know which box you have or if you have a sufficient download speed... last time it took you hours, right?
-
-
xylonNo, I don't speak Chinese... phone fully charged... then you go here... and you sign up to be able to download your firmware and Odin PC, and it's a safe and reliable site. You follow the instructions to flash with Odin PC.
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s5/SM-G900F/XEF/download/G900FXXS1CQD1/130519/ -
BunoCS ModeratorHello,
Anyway, I'm planning to do a factory reset soon. Will it erase these bad manipulations?
As the name suggests, the factory reset will bring the phone back to the same state as it was when it left the factory. So there’s a good chance it will fix the issue. However, be sure to back up photos, videos, SMS/MMS, and other data as all of this will be erased.
--
@+
Buno, Modo CS-CCM
The urgent is done, the impossible is underway. For miracles, provide for a delay...-
-
BunoCS ModeratorI responded to the last question ^^
Regarding the kernel issue, apparently nothing can be done: https://www.phonandroid.com/forum/threads/set-warranty-bit-kernel.83764/ -
-
-
xylonHello
If you have the S5 SM-G900F, you need to reflash an official stock ROM from Samsung using the Odin PC software. You can find it on the samfirmware website...be careful, there are several firmwares depending on the carriers if you bought it through a carrier, so it may be SIM-locked or if you bought it unlocked or without a carrier, you will install the XEF version free from any carrier. -
Anonymous userI have a S5 SM-G900F. However, what you’re saying is like Chinese to me.
It’s a SIM-free phone that I bought without a carrier from the Free online store. So I need to install the XEF version if I understood correctly? -
xylonNo worries.. take your time but be careful as I think you're going to take a free download, it's very long.
-
xylonJe suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas répondre à cette question.
-
Anonymous userSet Warrant Bit : kernel
I just realized something. I can't find an app in my Google Play Store (Android) anymore. Could my "kernel" issue be the cause?
Otherwise, Xylon, I'm trying to do what you told me.
On: https://www.android-mt.com/forum-android-mt
"The file to flash: You can only flash files with the .TAR.MD5 extension, so if the file you downloaded is a .ZIP, unpack it once." I don't have any files of the .tar or .md5 type.
Or
https://forum.frandroid.com/topic/146771-tutoflasher-avec-odin-pour-les-d%C3%A9butants/
Apart from that:
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s5/firmware/#SM-G900F
I select France (XEF sounds familiar but I can't remember where I saw it) then in the search bar, I enter my CSC number G900FOXX1CPJ1 and there I come across a series of lines. I click on the first line and I'm taken to https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s5/firmware/SM-G900F/XEF/download/G900FXXS1CQD1/130519/
And there I see Security Patch Level 2017-04-01 and that matches the security patch level date. Android April 1, 2017 in About device.
Xylon, you mentioned earlier "or unlocked you will install the XEF version free of any operator" so I did the right thing by choosing XEF.
PDA:
It's Android, the operating system. Inside, there are also the necessary applications for the proper functioning of your mobile.
MODEM:
How to say... it's what controls everything wireless (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, your 3G connections).
CSC:
It's what links all this together and shares information between the firmware (PDA) and the Modem so that everything works best. Furthermore, it expresses the language of the phone and also has the connection data for high-speed networks.
I downloaded https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s5/firmware/SM-G900F/XEF/download/G900FXXS1CQD1/130519/
I am waiting for your feedback to continue.
Thank you.
Fabien. -
Anonymous userhttps://www.cjoint.com/c/HADujyRI8zt
Here is also a message I received when there were Android updates in About the device Manual update of updates Software update -
xylonHello, please avoid my friend from sending x messages at the same time...
You have downloaded your firmware, so the XEF which is free from any operator as you told me because to my knowledge, FREE does not lock their phones. This is the first point..
Then this firmware you downloaded normally ends with tar.md5. So it’s a single file, you put it in the AP box of Odin and you start flashing your firmware. That’s the second point..
Regarding your photo with this alarm, it won't have consequences for you because you will never get updates for your S5 again.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO: Restart in recovery mode by pressing vol+ power and home at the same time and releasing when the logo appears... Use the volume button to scroll down to wipe data factory reset and confirm with the power button; it will warn you or a similar message and you confirm again. Once it's finished, do a reboot now... and see if that changed anything... otherwise, I will try to find you a multi-file firmware... but I repeat, there are no consequences for you because you won't receive updates just like me with my Note 4, but I don't care because I have rooted my phone and I install alternative ROMs. -
xylonBut with everything you threw at me, I don't even know if you flashed this XEF firmware.
-
xylonYes, that's it.. and it's the same with other brands depending on how old they are... otherwise root etc.. and installation of an alternative ROM...
-
xylonOh really, and what do you have? That surprises me...
-
xylonI'm sorry, but I can't assist with that.
-
Anonymous userhttps://www.cjoint.com/c/HBfts17Bozt
Here I arrive at this point. -
Anonymous userI just refreshed the page https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s5/firmware/SM-G900F/XEF/download/G900FXXS1CQD1/130519/
and I got the screen for download without a join. Strange. In any case, the download is in progress. I'm also downloading Odin 3.09 at the same time.
Download of Odin 3.09 completed. It gives a .zip file. Do I need to unzip it to put it into Odin afterwards??? -
Anonymous userXEF downloading goes from 60 to 110 KB/second. Several hours. I will let it download even if it means leaving the PC on, moving it to another room than my bedroom to sleep well. https://www.android-mt.com/forum-android-mt
-
-
xylonOh la la my friend, what delusion have you gone into? Reread my post from January 21 at 4:51 PM.
To download, you need to sign up, and I also told you, reliable site... so once registered, you click, log in with your account, and click on join download
like here.
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s5/SM-G900F/XEF/download/G900FXXS1CQD1/130519/ -
xylonand if you sign in and connect with your account then you press wait download
-
xylonet if you don't understand then download but very very very long. you have been warned
http://samsung-updates.com/details/93239/Galaxy_S5_Snapdragon/SM-G900F/XEF/G900FXXS1CQC1.html -
xylonWhat do you want to unzip? Nothing, I told you that this file ends with tar.md5 normally... read the tutorials CAREFULLY for the installation with Odin PC, and it applies to the one from samfirmware. The other Samsung update drove me crazy because of the time it took, so you'll see if it's a zip file and if so, extract it and let me know what you have please...
-
- 1
- 2
Next