I wanted to download a file from the internet and accidentally, thinking it was the download for the application I wanted, I installed it. Now it's impossible to uninstall it.
The worst part is that this application downloads files by itself and generates pages.
Yo dude it's probably a virus :( Try an antivirus on your phone to see
-- CCM is like MCDO Come as you are
Carl3
Author
Okay but I have one, but it doesn't detect anything.
Carl3
My antivirus doesn't detect anything. Please help me.
soluce7279
@Carl3And when you reset your phone to factory settings, is it still there?
Carl3
How do we restore it to factory settings?
Anthøny
You reset it in the settings.
luanalscrx
Hello, I have the same problem. I just downloaded a file manager, but I can't uninstall it. I'm afraid this app will crash my phone, and I would like to know if there is another option besides resetting it, as I don’t know how to transfer my files to my micro SD card. Thank you for responding as soon as possible.
Anonymous user
Go to the list of installed software and uninstall the software. The best file explorer is ES Explorer.
luanalscrx
@Anonymous userBut when I try to uninstall it, it tells me that it's impossible because it's an active administrator, and it redirects me to another page when I try to uncheck an option.
Anonymous user
When you are in the list of device administrators, you don't have time to uncheck because it redirects you elsewhere? WTF!!!
Spyro0
I have the same damned problem, and it's as soon as we let go of the click on the blue icon that it goes back to the page.
Carl3
Author
@Spyro0In the device administrator list, I tried to uncheck FileManager in the meantime, and it worked.
LucarioMaxime
Hello, I'm bringing this topic back up because this "virus installed by the user unintentionally" has worsened: when he saw that I was going to uninstall it, he caused my Alcatel one touch POP C2 to crash, and now it won't start (even when connected to power). I will have to send it to Alcatel so they can, I think, reformat it *goodbye data* If anyone can help me instead of sending it to Alcatel for reformatting, thank you in advance!
Anonymous user
It is impossible for me to understand your problem; no application can cause such damage without root rights. And even if your device were rooted (is it? if the warranty is still valid, probably not), it requires your permission (yes/no) before the operation.
LucarioMaxime
@Anonymous userThe problem: this app has blocked the startup of the phone; it displays the reboot screen and keeps spinning indefinitely.
Anonymous user
So the phone is "bricked" (the result of a bug), which means it needs to be reset. It is indeed the customer service that takes care of it. As for the data, please note that it is highly recommended to always store it on a micro-SD card.
LucarioMaxime
Ok, thanks! Half of the data I have on a micro SD, the contacts and photos I have in Avast backup! The apps are on the phone.
Anonymous user
Even if the apps were on the µSD card, they would not be operational after a reset. However, the Play Store keeps a list of the apps you were using.
Anonymous user
TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL PERSONS WHO HAVE NOT YET SOLVED THE PROBLEM.
I have surprisingly noticed that you are having difficulties with this problem which is not too complicated to solve.
Therefore, I have made a detailed tutorial on the procedure to follow to resolve it.
Here is the link: http://kaki87.net/admin-peripherique
Best regards,
KaKi87
Anonymous user
Thank you for your detailed tutorial. The only problem is that in this case it doesn't work. When you select it, it takes you back to the previous screen. If you even want to add an additional administrator, it also takes you back to the previous page. If my phone were rooted, I would have shown you.
Anonymous user
@Anonymous userIn this case, it is indeed an application that creates a service that closes the device admin page as soon as it is opened.
I suggest two solutions:
Root your smartphone to remove the unwanted program with Root Uninstaller, being careful not to give root permissions to the unwanted application.
Reset Android.
The first solution avoids data loss and is always effective if the root works.
The second option will only work if the unwanted app is not a system app (for me, without root it seems unlikely, but I didn't believe in the existence of such malware, so anything is possible...)
I too unfortunately installed this app... It scares me so could you explain how to root my phone so that I can remove it while keeping my data...
Thank you
Anais1101
@JohanaaaaHello, exactly the same problem, I downloaded root uninstaller but it turns out it's useless. Once the app was launched, I clicked on file manager to uninstall it but it's impossible because they ask for it to no longer be an administrator and that's precisely the problem! So I'm currently transferring all my files to a micro SD to do a factory reset. I'll let you know if it works as soon as I've done it.
Anonymous user
I just tested it: I can easily uninstall a device admin app with Root Uninstaller.
Check the following two details: - Have root rights - Have the latest version
--
Anonymous user
Hello everyone. I'm new here, I really appreciate this forum but I signed up for this problem that I can't solve on my own and seems serious. I just had the exact same issue while trying to download an app outside the play store. http://app.ppvads.net/ that's the site, so I looked it up on my computer, and McAfee doesn't even let me open the page, which confirmed my suspicions about this app's dubious nature. Same symptoms: - it asks you to modify accessibility to complete the installation - you realize it's not the app you want - you want to delete it, but in the app manager no fields are selectable, you can't delete it, move it, or clear the data. - you try to remove access as described above but you don't have time to click the switch. 6 I managed to do it by having my finger on the switch's location before clicking the app. Incredible timing - Despite that, still the same problem, impossible to touch it and it keeps the same permissions as if I hadn't disabled accessibility.
My first instinct was to cut all my connections HELP ME! I see that the post is recent, it must be a new scam that's trending.
daliki
I found the solution: just stop the file manager process and then uninstall it with root uninstall, that's it.
Anonymous user
Hello everyone, I just want to make a few corrections.
It is not a virus but an application installed by the user or the seller of the smartphone. This application is a device administrator, meaning it has been granted additional rights, but this is impossible without the user's permission. Being a device admin also allows an app not to be accidentally uninstalled.
Hello there, I just signed up. Unfortunately, you didn't grasp the issue at the time you wrote this post. It's not an application installed by the vendor, it downloads itself when you open certain pages on your smartphone. "File manager" is just a front to make this app appear harmless, Administrator means much more than "can't be accidentally deleted," it has access to EVERYTHING, a message clearly informs you that the software can record all your data, manage your connections, modify your settings, it's frightening.
Anonymous user
Hello you, the other one,
You can't install an app by accident. There are two possibilities:
The ad redirects to the PlayStore
The ad redirects to the APK
In both cases, user confirmation is required to install the app: the one where Android shows the list of permissions requested by the app about to be installed. Moreover, if it's the APK, you even have to go into the settings to allow unknown sources.
In short: from my point of view, you have to be stupid to accept the unsolicited installation of an app you don't know.