Test PC without RAM

Solved
Hello,

I recently received an Acer Aspire 8942G with an i7 as a gift. The only problem is that there’s no screen and no hard drive (not too serious yet), but there’s no RAM, and before investing in a RAM stick which isn’t exactly cheap, I’d like to know if there’s a way to check if the PC works before investing in a RAM stick.

Configuration: Core 2 Duo E4600 or i7, 8GB DDR2, FirePro V4900, Google Chrome, 1.5TB, Windows 7.

1 answer

  1. Hi

    One thing is for sure, without RAM it will NEVER work.

    --
    Before asking a question: 1° Turn on your brain, your PC doesn't think for you!
    2° Google is your friend, the search engine from CCM is too, do a search!
    3
    1. Yes, but I have a friend who tried it with RAM that is not suitable, and the PC starts, we manage to boot from an XP installation CD, but then it displays a blue screen, and we don’t know if it's due to the incompatible RAM or if the motherboard is damaged.
      0
    2. Well, you need to check the blue screen code, I imagine it's because you're trying to install XP on a laptop with a SATA hard drive => 0x0000007B...
      0
    3. I don't remember the code of the blue screen, but I was indeed installing XP on a SATA hard drive.
      0
    4. Well, there you go...
      0
    5. I don't know much about computers on laptops, but I've always managed to install XP on desktop PCs with SATA without any issues.
      0