Net Framework 4.0 BUG
Solved
Hello CCM
I would like to install .NET Framework on my PC, but I am having some problems during the installation.
The installation gets stuck on "downloading Windows 6.1 -KB....." which means that the installation does not get past this stage; it downloads, and we can clearly see the loading icon spinning for 3 hours, but after a certain time, it tells me the installation of .NET Framework has failed....
Look at this image: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/411466FrameworkBUG.png
What should I do? Thank you for your help.
Configuration: Windows 7 / Opera 9.80
I would like to install .NET Framework on my PC, but I am having some problems during the installation.
The installation gets stuck on "downloading Windows 6.1 -KB....." which means that the installation does not get past this stage; it downloads, and we can clearly see the loading icon spinning for 3 hours, but after a certain time, it tells me the installation of .NET Framework has failed....
Look at this image: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/411466FrameworkBUG.png
What should I do? Thank you for your help.
Configuration: Windows 7 / Opera 9.80
28 answers
-
CCMclaude ContributorHello,
Three questions whose answers may interest helper candidates:
1. Is this installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Download of Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) an installation of this specific KB only?
2. Is the operating system being updated located on the C: drive?
3. Is the operating system in question installed out of the box?
Regards. -
CCMclaude ContributorAddendum
4. Did the installation begin (I can't believe it crashes during the download, but I might be wrong): if so, the update history should tell you more if the relevant KB is listed there: right-click on the line and you will get the failure details that you can copy-paste here. -
Kak awete Author1 No, it's not just the KB; it downloads other things before but ends up getting stuck on that one...
2 Yes, it's located on the Local C: drive
3 Yes, it's the original system
4 Yes, the installation started, and it stops right in the middle on KB, etc... And it keeps running for 3 hours.... -
CCMclaude ContributorRe,
I won't be able to help you any further...
But you didn't fully answer point 4: could you check in > Control Panel > Windows Update > View update history:
1. take a screenshot that you will share with us here;
2. also right-click on the most recent failed update and copy the details that you will paste in your next response. -
Kak awete AuthorHere are the screenshots: http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/798718HistoriqueMiseajour.png
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/586113detailleHistoriqueUpdate.png -
CCMclaude ContributorThank you!
In your first link, the vertical slider seems too low: there should be updates after (more recent than) the one on 01/08/2012! They are visible in your second link but, unfortunately, they are hidden by the window (requested) displaying the details of the failure of the update for HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor
Comment: from what is visible, it seems that several updates with the same subject are repeated; these are the ones occupying the entire horizontal space and ending with "(...) for x64 systems (KB2..."
Could you take another copy of this page with the vertical slider positioned all the way up and with the "Name" column extended all the way to the right, so that we can see which KB... it is?
See you! -
Kak awete AuthorHere are the other captures hoping this can help you:
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/466408ToutLhistoirique.png
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/492401ToutLhistoirique2.png
P.S.: Don’t pay attention to the selected line, I didn't mean to. -
CCMclaude ContributorRe,
I have duly noted your post #7.
If I go back to the earliest date for the failed updates, I see - without counting duplicates - (and reading from the right):
(1) 12/18/2011 - Optional - Failed - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Other hardware - HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor
(2) 12/18/2011 - Optional - Failed - Update for Windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB2607576)
(3) 12/21/2011 - Recommended - Failed - Update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 (...) (KB2533523)
(4) 12/21/2011 - Recommended - Failed - Update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 (...) (KB2468871)
(5) 12/21/2011 - Important - Failed - Security update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 (...) (KB2572078)
(6) 12/21/2011 - Important - Failed - Security update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 (...) (KB2539636)
(7) 12/21/2011 - Important - Failed - Security update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 (...) (KB2518870)
---
I note that:
(1) has never been successfully installed until 02/01/2012
(2) has never been successfully installed until 02/01/2012
(3) was finally successfully installed on 12/21/2011 (and again on 12/26/2011)
(4) was finally successfully installed on 12/21/2011 (and again on 12/26/2011)
(5) was finally successfully installed on 12/21/2011 (and again on 12/26/2011)
(6) was finally successfully installed on 12/21/2011 (and again on 12/26/2011)
(7) was finally successfully installed on 12/21/2011 (and again on 12/26/2011)
---
So, considering only the reading of your two tables, only two optional updates failed to install (which may not even concern your system): you could try to install them individually, but I don't think it's urgent.
It is on one of these installation failures that you showed a link to error code 80072EE2.
If you retry the individual installation of this update (1) and still receive this error 80072EE2, try the FixIt described on this Microsoft page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US
This may also apply to (2)
---
In conclusion, none of your screenshots from Windows Update report the failure of an update for Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu during the installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (shown in the link you provided)
I wonder if all the pre-required .NET Framework updates for this installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 are installed on your computer...
Q1. What .NET Frameworks are present in > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Add/Remove Programs?
Q2. What updates are INSTALLED regarding .NET Framework?
To answer Q2, do not refer to the Windows Update history, but go to > Control Panel > Programs and Features > View installed updates: several pages are available: copy-paste here the screenshot of those where .NET Framework is present.
--The superiority of IQ does not compensate for the mediocrity of the heart.
-
Kak awete AuthorThank you, I will try to make the updates.
R1: Apparently, Microsoft .Net Framework 4 is already installed, but it's strange because every software that needs the Framework is bugging... (e.g.: Visual Basic)
R2: Here is the screenshot: http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/638585Historiquemiseajourinstaller.png
Hoping that this can help you. -
CCMclaude ContributorI see nothing exceptional in your latest screenshot except that the installed updates only concern NF 4 Client Profile...
Q3. What are your current update settings?
Take a screenshot of your page; for example, here is mine:
https://www.cjoint.com/?BBepMkrz0tV
Q4. Do you have any "hidden" updates?
Q5. Was NF 3.5 already installed on your computer when you bought it?
--The superiority of IQ does not compensate for the mediocrity of the heart.
-
Kak awete AuthorI tried installing them one by one, I also tried FIXIT but I'm still getting the error 80072EE2 :/
-
tribunHello
In Run, type regedit
Then follow this.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\
Click on NDP and see the versions installed on your PC.
Do you have this.
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=659377netfram.png
And in programs and features do you have NFW 4. ,
--
Who loves instruction! Find the knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Frequently create a restore point! It solves a lot of problems. -
tribunTry to install this one.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en-us/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en
--
Who loves instruction! find the knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Frequently create a restore point! it solves quite a few problems. -
tribunTry installing by disabling your Antivirus and Firewall!
Do not connect to the internet during the trial.
I say this because there is something preventing the installation of this software.
But Mystery!!!
There are quite a few who are in trouble with this NFW 4.
--
Who loves instruction! finds the knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Frequently create a restore point! it solves many problems. -
tribunSee this.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en-us/details.aspx?FamilyID=914fbc5b-1fba-4bae-a7c3-d2c47c6fcffc
Description
This tool is provided following the discovery of a discrepancy in the Windows services store, which may prevent the subsequent installation of updates, Service Packs, and software.
And if there's no change, well I'm sorry! but this NFW 4 is
a source of a lot of trouble for those who want to install it.
Do you have SP1 on your Win7?
Who loves instruction! finds knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Frequently create a restore point! It resolves quite a few problems.-
-
-
-
CCMclaude ContributorHave you tried using in two stages the tool proposed by Tribun in #20?
1st stage: download with IE as the browser: click Save.
2nd stage: run in safe mode, with administrator rights, the executable saved in the 1st stage.
Let us know when it gets stuck and provide the full error code.
-
-
tribunHello
What a significant issue this NFW 4.0 is
SP1 can also be found in Windows updates without knowing it.
Personally, I've had nothing but trouble with this Win 7 SP1.
--
He who loves instruction! finds knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Frequently create a restore point! it resolves quite a few problems. -
Kak awete AuthorI have the SP1 installed, I think this problem will remain a mystery.......
-
tribunIt may be this update (SP1) that contains something that prevents the installation and gives an error message.
On the internet, neither at Microsoft nor anywhere else can I find a solution to this problem.
Personally, I had to format my hard drive because of the SP1 which was causing me a lot of trouble, and now I have two .NET Framework 4 installed: the .NET Framework Client and the .NET Framework Extended.
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=956254NFW.png
As you say, this .NET Framework problem is a mystery.
Anyway, the PC can very well function without .NET Framework 4.0
Who loves instruction! finds knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Create a restore point often! It resolves quite a few problems. -
Kak awete AuthorI'm cracking up, my computer has 50 problems and I think they might all come from the same thing (ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT). I can't access the Firewall (the Advanced Function), I'm unable to update Windows (code 80072EE2), can't upload anything, and can't install the .NET Framework...
I hope it knows how to fly because I live on the 9th floor! -
tribunRemove the SP1 from Win 7, you will see later.
Personally, I formatted and reinstalled everything and I didn't have any more problems afterward.
PS.
But you might be infected by a virus, the PC (system) needs to be completely analyzed.
--
Who loves instruction! finds the knowledge that comes from reflection!
PS. Often create a restore point! it solves quite a few problems. -
- 1
- 2
Next