MSN Open with Mozilla...

Solved
@@ Hello @@

Is there a way when I receive an email via MSN to open directly the

inbox with Mozilla? When I click on the little icon

(envelope under my MSN photo) to be precise...
--
Anger is beautiful only when it is not irrational...
Michel LATOUFFE

28 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,
    As the default browser?
    Tools > Options > General > Check now > Yes.
    --
    What’s urgent is done, what’s impossible is in progress,
    For miracles, anticipate a delay ...
    7
    1. Thank you very much!!
      0
  2. Hi there!

    Following Teutates' reply on another topic on this site, I searched and ended up finding how to use Mozilla Firefox as the default for all programs, including MSN and the links...

    I'll explain how to do it from A to Z with the latest version of Firefox:
    _ open Mozilla Firefox
    _ click on the Tools tab
    _ click on Options... (at the very bottom of the menu that opened)
    _ click on the Advanced tab on the far right of the taskbar of the new window that should have just opened
    _ below, a new taskbar appears, choose the General tab on the far left
    _ in the 3rd section: System (at the bottom of the window), check the box "Always check at startup that Firefox is the default browser."
    _ just to the right click on "Check now" (this will close your MSN if it is open).
    _ Click "OK" to close this small window.

    There you go, I don't know if it will be useful, but now everything opens with Mozilla Firefox directly at my place.

    Have a good day!
    5
    1. thank you very much it works...alleluia
      0
    2. bravo AXKAI, that, that’s explanation that goes over the line! at least it's clear and precise! thank you very much you are a lion jp
      0
  3. Of course we can do it with Windows Live Messenger and it’s very practical. I’m fed up with Microsoft security features; everyone should go LINUX!!!!!
    So simply download MSN Plus http://msgpluslive.fr And Stuffplug NG https://www.stuffplug.com/?act=download

    Then in StuffPlug options check Open all urls in default browser and set Mozilla as the default browser and there you go, it works. IE will be missed...
    3
    1. Thank you for this link, it was very helpful to me. But during the installation, an antivirus message warned me of an intrusion attempt by a trojan: 'TR/Dldr.Swizzor.Gen [TR/Dldr.Swizzor.Gen]'.

      Is this a real attack or is it a component of the program I installed?

      Thank you in advance. I look forward to your response.
      0
    2. Great... Thanks.
      0
    3. Hi. I have the same problem, I did as you said but I don’t know how to do the option for Stuff Plug items.
      0
    4. Franchement, tu gères la fougère.
      0
  4. Hi, my IE program is too old (IE6.0) to download MSN 7, but I have Mozilla Firefox... Can I download MSN using Mozilla?
    2
    1. Contributor
      No, in fact that’s fine, it’s just that I’m stupid MSN will never accept Mozilla instead of Explorer by default... Sorry for the the trouble... --Anger is only beautiful when it is not irrational... Michel LATOUFFE
      1
      1. Contributor
        @@ HELLO @@

        Yeah thanks for your contributions but well instead of bugging my Moz I

        will continue as I do, check my MSN emails with Explorer and y

        respond with Moz. ;)
        --Anger is beautiful only when it is not irrational...
        Michel LATOUFFE
        1
        1. Moderator
          MSN will never be able to accept Mozilla instead of Mozilla as the default explorer
          Oh yes it's very likely. And there we raise our arms high to thank Microsoft....
          --
          The urgent is done, the impossible is in progress,
          For miracles, allow a delay ...
          0
          1. Good evening Yoan, I disagree with you. Recently I completely uninstalled IE from my computer and installed Mozilla. I did indeed have connection problems with msn and then I followed Chias's advice by downloading Messenger Plus and StuffPlug (although I’m not really sure what the latter is for). I was finally able to reconnect to msn even though I no longer have Internet Explorer!! and it works!! Thanks to Chias for his tips.
            0
        2. Moderator
          Hi,

          I sent a message to msn asking this question for Firefox and they replied saying it’s not their competence.
          0
          1. Moderator
            and they answered me by saying that it is not their competence.
            Ah! That’s rich!
            What a thing to hear! We should have asked them what they were doing there then (No offense, it's their job :D).
            --
            Urgent is done, the impossible is in progress,
            for miracles, allow a delay ...
            0
        3. help! I installed Mozilla Firefox and for some time now I can no longer access my secure pages ( msn, bank ), so what should I do??? can someone help me?? that would be nice of them ;)
          0
          1. Hello,

            nothing to say, I had the same problem, thank CHIAS for your solution..

            KIVEKOA
            0
            1. Hello,
              thanks a lot, I finally managed to remove IE, now I’d like to know if we can also remove the advertisements...
              thanks in advance.
              0
              1. Then this is great, thanks to you chia :)
                0
                1. Contributor
                  Thank you!

                  Fortunately CCM and all these members are here!

                  --

                  Some never go crazy... Their lives must be very boring. (Charles Bukowski)
                  0
                  1. I have the same issue, do you have an answer?
                    0
                    1. I just downloaded it and didn’t have any problems.

                      - You must connect to Windows Live Messenger.
                      - Go to StuffPlug -> Options
                      - Go to the "General" tab
                      - Check "Open all URLs in default browser"

                      Thanks to this topic I hope I’ll soon be able to get rid of IE for good.

                      Finchou
                      0
                  2. I did everything as you said and I end up with the same problem as some of you, namely the impossibility, in the "longlet" stuffplug tab, to click on 'options' (well yes, since we can't connect to WLM... we can't connect before clicking as you kindly explained...)... can someone help me/us?
                    thanks in advance
                    0
                    1. Hi there, I have a problem I’m not on the internet anymore but Mozilla, and when I try to open my inbox it opens a page that says internet at the top and it just keeps loading, that’s why I don’t know how we can manage to at least open the inbox. Here’s my story.

                      See you all.
                      0
                      1. Great, it’s working very well, stuff plug
                        0
                        • 1
                        • 2