The CD-R cannot be erased once it has been burned, while the CD-RW can be erased and rewritten! Otherwise, in terms of settings during the burning process, there's nothing to do! -- //**Why can't love be as simple as mathematics?**\\
david
Thank you for the reply.
Valentin Moine
And can you burn a movie on a CD RW?
senderos
Thank you
le vieu
CD R] it's a CD where you can write only once CD RW] you can write and rewrite up to 1000 times. otherwise there is no huge difference between the 2 models.
jhgju
okayy
*Lili
we can reuse the rw but not the r
NomiS
Hi nora-jsk, The little detail is that a CD-RW is not rewritable infinitely. For example, let's imagine you're using a CD-RW like a USB stick for your MP3 CD player. Well, after the 1000th time you change the content, boom! It stops working! But it's still more cost-effective than having bought 1000 CD-Rs, I think. Yes, I think a lot.
blueoystercult
1000 times indeed, but it's more theoretical than real Given the little care people generally have for their CDs, if you manage to use a CD-RW more than thirty or forty times, I tip my hat to you! -- Say, my friend, lend me the key to your lunar retreat ( Joan-Pau Verdier )
Kermitt31
Contributor
@blueoystercultAs long as it's just your hat that you pull out :-D -- Lapland proverb: Giraffe at the North Pole, Summer of death.
@blueoystercultWell, to bounce back on that remark, I would add that it is strongly discouraged to: * leave a CD (any CD) lying in the sand, or on the floor in the garage * test its durability by bending it beyond 90 degrees depending on the diameter * place it on the rear shelf of your black Golf when you're going to spend the afternoon sunbathing on a beach in Costa Brava * lose its case
And there's more. Of course, even with all these precautions, it should be noted that the value of 1000 re-registrations must have been calculated for the case where you never burn more than one byte on the CD, that you never take it out of its case which is itself placed in an atmosphere of 40% humidity and 20 degrees C, and above all, especially! that you have never lent it to your sister.
Framboisse77
Hello I burned a CD-RW, I have two players at home and it's impossible to read, I also tried it in the car, but that didn't work either. However, I can read it on my laptop.
quentin63
Yes and no, I have one that reads them but I know someone who has one that doesn't read them. But the new ones read MP3 CDs (several albums on one CD) and they are CD-R or CD-RW. And you know, you try it; if it doesn't work, it means your player doesn't read them.
Kermitt31
Contributor
I completely agree with coucou_c_julien, I would just add that CD-RWs cannot be burned like CD-Rs but your burning software will make that clear to you ;-) -- Lapland Proverb: Giraffe at the North Pole, Summer of death.
datpmeguwi
Hello, I have the same issue as you. I burned a CD-R and my laptop reads it, but my stereo system and car radio refuse to read it. What should I do?
Fanny
Same but I believe that the CDs we burn, regardless of their nature, are not read by cars. However, with iTunes, I've noticed that when we import music from a CD, they are in AAC format, and a song that seems normal is in MPEG format. That might also have something to do with it.
jonni
Hello, if you want to burn your music onto a CD (any type), you'll need to have the tracks in .wav format and create an audio CD with Nero that will convert these tracks into .cda and fill your CD. Works with all car radios or hi-fi systems except for very old ones.
brian johnson
I was wondering, does a CD reader that reads CD-Rs also read CD-RWs?
Z I L I
the first is written in the following form cd-r and the second is written in the following form cd+r
bobbo
Ridiculous, they suggest an article to convert a CD R into a CD RW but only talk about DVDs.
AVOID THIS SITE
pompon
Yes, but what you haven't specified is whether, in the case where we forgot to burn a song onto the CD, it is possible to add it later - given that there is still space on the CD - or if we can no longer touch it.
laotseu63
Hello Pompon, Burning multiple times is possible with the multisession, but: -The multisession (that is, the ability to add files later) must be requested from the first burn. -It is not compatible with the standard CD audio format: Therefore, you need to use another format, either compressed (.mp3, .wma, .ogg) or uncompressed (.wav). The .mp3, .wav, or sometimes .wma, even .ogg formats are played by certain home devices or car radios, etc... (in descending order of probability). A very elegant solution is to use lossless compression formats such as FLAC (.flc). However, with the exception of a few very rare devices, you will need a computer to read the CDs. -- Linux Mandriva 2009.1 Firefox 3.0.10
datpmeguwi
Thank you, I will check with this information if it still works, thanks.
ramses pm sur facebook
What is the difference between CD-R and CD-RW
Blank CD-Rs have a completely different surface from CD-RWs. On a CD-R, the 'bumps' are engraved on the surface. (this can be interpreted as a '0') CD-RWs have a crystalline surface that changes appearance when 'touched' by the laser. The strength of the data (and also of the protection) is weaker on a CD-RW. This leads us to a phenomenon: sometimes certain copies on CD-RW can be used, while the same copy on CD-R does not work.