Microsoft Money: How to transfer?

Solved
Hello,

I have been using Microsoft Money on my laptop for quite a while. I just bought a new PC, and I would like to transfer my accounts from my laptop to my new PC. How can I do that?

I reinstalled Microsoft Money on my new computer. On my laptop, I made a backup copy on a USB drive. Then I plugged my USB drive into my new PC and opened my file titled: Account as of January 10, 2010.

It’s not working.

Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sincerely,

Wanchaihk
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

7 answers

  1. you first need to create a fake account when opening money
    be connected to the internet
    money indicates that it is connecting to update itself
    once that's done, open the backup file and it works

    ef
    6
    1. I'm also looking for a solution, but it's a recurring problem with Money. A quick search on Google is enough to realize that.

      Between files being read-only, incorrect file paths, backups that are supposed to restore but don't, it's really a mess.

      If anyone knows the solution, I would be really grateful if they could post it here.
      0
      1. On the old PC
        Open the Microsoft Money link
        Click on cancel
        Open/use an existing Money or Q file
        Copy and paste the file "Account as of January 10, 2010"
        Copy and paste to the USB drive

        On the new PC where the software is installed beforehand
        Open the Money link
        Restore a backup file.
        It should normally find it
        Good luck.
        0
        1. Hello...yes, that's how it's done, after installing blank Money on the new PC, we restore the file that was taken from the other PC.
          0
      2. I am looking for the Microsoft Money 99, 2003, or 2005 CD to reinstall it on a new PC. My version came with the PC and is locked to that specific PC only. If someone could help me.
        Thank you.
        0
        1. I had the opposite problem, I had Money on my desktop computer and I was able to transfer it to my netbook.
          I copied the installation of Money from the CD to a USB stick and installed Money on my netbook.
          It works great!
          It seems to me that it's installed???
          0
          1. Hello, it's the DVD 2003
            I'm not giving it up, there are other applications on it, I might need it
            Have a good day
            0
        2. I'm looking for the Money 99 CD or later versions. I'm ready to buy it.
          I'm not interested in other accounting software.
          0