Serveur Filezilla "ECONNREFUSED"
Hello,
I just installed Filezilla server (to exchange files with friends).
After the installation, I went to the Dynsdns website to get a "address" (static IP) like
XXX.dyn-o-saur.com
I configured the server by following the procedures I found online.
When I use an FTP client, it tells me that the connection is impossible??? And it keeps displaying the same message:
"ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
The server is in active mode. It logs in normally on the chosen port...
I don't know if I'm clear enough, but if anyone has an idea... that would be really nice.
Thanks.
I just installed Filezilla server (to exchange files with friends).
After the installation, I went to the Dynsdns website to get a "address" (static IP) like
XXX.dyn-o-saur.com
I configured the server by following the procedures I found online.
When I use an FTP client, it tells me that the connection is impossible??? And it keeps displaying the same message:
"ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
The server is in active mode. It logs in normally on the chosen port...
I don't know if I'm clear enough, but if anyone has an idea... that would be really nice.
Thanks.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0
22 answers
-
I see two possible reasons:
- your firewall is preventing the connection
- you entered the wrong access codes (which is unlikely since I imagine you have checked multiple times
Finally, this could be a starting point ...-
-
@sbadatoHello,
yes, you're right. I had this problem recently on a friend's PC. I removed the firewall but the problem was still there. This friend came over with his laptop to connect to my Freebox and he still had the issue, so it's not a router configuration that's to blame but rather a Windows configuration. There must be some Windows setting that's blocking FTP, but why? How? I'm no further along today...
In hope of finding a solution quickly (as I use it for my work), I wish you a pleasant day. -
@VurionHello, I hadn’t thought of the “blocking from Windows” option??!!!
A quick search on Google... I’ll post if I find something.
Thanks for your help. Hope to see you soon...
Have a nice day
Sbadato. -
-
@olivI don't have a firewall and I've made sure to disable the one from Windows... Obviously for my case, it comes from elsewhere.
-