If you have a USB 1.0 port, you need to use a USB 2.0 port.
It's still weird that your seller said that; in my opinion, your device isn't working.
ollo
In fact, it's a USB 2 port, but according to the seller, "the power" can be increased, but I can't figure out how to proceed.
rodriguez73
I had never heard that before! I have had a lot of USB devices and none of them asked me to overclock my ports...
ollo
In your opinion, what should we do?
Anonymous user
I don't think it exists! -- __________________________ Hp pavilion/512mb/80gb/Xp SP2/
Posotaz
The problem with low-power USB ports unfortunately exists, as I have experienced with (yet) a self-powered USB hub. I had to connect an MP3 player to a USB port on my PC to charge it, and there was no way to provide sufficient power. Then I tried the side USB port on the tower, and it worked there.
Yet this same hub was able to power both a USB modem and a scanner, which also lacked self-power... which I think (especially for the scanner) should consume more energy than an MP3 player (there’s a lot of mechanics in a scanner).
In short, there might be particularly powerful self-powered USB hubs (mine was just a small star-shaped gadget that barely lasted 2 years, which probably justifies it, and the power specifications provided per port did meet the requirements of the scanner and the modem... no idea for the MP3 player though), so you just use one of your PC's USB ports for interconnecting the other peripherals, and the power will be provided by an electrical outlet instead of from your computer's USB port... though there's no guarantee this will solve your problem.
I know it's not fun and even unexpected... I can only wish you good luck in resolving the issue. ;-)