FOUND.000 (File0001.CHK)

Solved/Closed
Hello,

So, I don't know if someone could explain to me why some files appear even though I've never saved them, and why I can't delete them?

They are located in a folder called "FOUND.000" which contains files that all end with ".CHK"

Could it be a virus that my antivirus hasn't detected?

Does anyone have any information about this?

Thank you for helping me, I am completely new to this and I'm looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks

30 answers

  1. NO PANIC. These files are created by Scandisk or similar utilities to store "lost file fragments". To delete them, use the command: start -> cmd under Win2000/XP and start -> command under Win98.

    There you type:

    c:
    cd \
    cd FOUND.000
    del *.*

    There you go ;)
    15
    1. ; ))))

      The message 9 is for you!!!

      I must definitely have some blonde genes hanging around!!! lol

      Explain to me what I open in start and where I write all this!!!!????

      Thanks
      0
    2. Hi deadalnix,

      I found "cmd under win2000/XP" by going into the start menu and searching in "run".

      A window opens called "C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe"

      It then displays: C:\>

      So I type what you wrote earlier, and it looks like this:

      C:\>c: (I hit enter)

      C:\>cd\ (enter)

      C:\>cd FOUND.000 (enter)

      C:\FOUND.000>del *.* (enter)
      C:\FOUND.000\*.*, Are you sure? <Y or N>? (I respond Y, then enter)

      And it replies to me:

      C:\FOUND.000> (just in case, I notice Y, but now it doesn't recognize the answer)

      To see if it worked, I go back to the folder structure to check if FOUND.000 is still there, and that damn#?!* crappy folder is still there!!!!

      I'm at my wits' end lol!!!!

      HELP MEEEEEE!!!

      Thanks ; )
      0
    3. He's still there, but it's empty and therefore won't bother you.
      Select it and press shift+delete.

      Kalamit,
      4 days before the sun, the sea, and the seagulls. :)
      -1
    4. @kalamitHi Kalamit,

      You're right, they're empty, but shift+Delete (or the delete key at the top), it doesn't work...

      : (

      I'm soooooo tired of thisssssssssss.
      0
    5. @MelyndaSEVERAL YEARS LATER

      TO REMOVE CHK FILES USE THE SMALL SOFTWARE EASYCLEANER

      BY SELECTING THE DISK WHERE THE FILES ARE LOCATED AND DELETING THEM WITH THE KEY.

      SAME PROBLEM AS YOU SOLUTION WITH THIS SOFTWARE

      PS DROP THE SEXIST COMMENTS ABOUT BLONDES
      0