Partition Magic error 117

Solved
Hello,
I just launched Partition Magic on Windows
and boom it shows

Echec d'Int : Erreur 117.
Impossible de reconnaitre le lettre d'unité de la partition

so here I don't know what to do

thanks in advance for your future responses
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0

11 answers

  1. Hello,

    For a problem like this, you should open PM as follows:

    Start
    Run

    then type, or do a "copy-paste" of the line below:

    "C:\Program Files\PowerQuest\PartitionMagic 8.0\PMagic.exe" /IPE

    There it should open.

    IPE = Ignore Partitions Errors
    6
    1. later (by restarting the PC), the same message reappears and the disk is not partitioned
      0
    2. start ---> Execute ---> "C:\Program Files\PowerQuest\PartitionMagic 8.0\PMagic.exe" /IPE
      0
  2. Sure, the path needs to be adapted to your install and your PM version.
    But you could at least say if the problem is resolved.
    For someone in a real hurry, you’re quite nonchalant afterwards.
    Think about those who will read it afterwards.
    If you have a problem, we’ll help you and you say it.
    How do you want us to move forward otherwise?
    0
    1. you are right, it’s my usual habit that I do it, but we’ll say that it happened at the end of my summer internship after I had rarely internet access and therefore couldn’t respond to it in order to say so

      but yes, the problem has indeed been resolved and thank you again for your answers
      0
      1. The solution works perfectly. Thank you.
        1
        1. Hi there,

          I have the same problem and with this trick, I open Magic Partition... which refuses to resize one of the two partitions on the pretext that D:\ starts at sector 5 instead of 1.

          Do you know how to "fix" this infected/tainted partition?
          --
          Best regards,
          Capricorne3
          0
          1. Hello,

            Thank you very much,

            This solution works perfectly.
            0
            1. This solution works yes! but!!! if I want to convert a partition.. I start it.. but it restarts the computer.. and when the computer restarts with PM the error remains... I can't run the solution on the blue screen... another solution? please respond to me because.. I just paid to reboot the computer.. and I don't want to pay again for another something like this.. and I would like to reboot it myself.. but my PC is.. how to say.. *complicated* to reboot.. anyway thanks in advance, ..
              0
              1. Hello, I confirm that it works :).
                Cheers
                0
                1. Hello,

                  Thank you this solution has helped me to open Partition Magic !!!!

                  "C:\Program Files\PowerQuest\PartitionMagic 8.0\PMagic.exe" /IPE
                  0