Yellow triangle uTorrent configuration issue

Solved
Hello,

I hope you are doing well, because I am not at all. I have been trying to configure uTorrent for a week now (morning, noon, night, and even at night).

In fact, my problem started like this: uTorrent was working wonderfully until the day I installed antivirus software (Bitdefender Total Security 2008). I had a nice green dot with a V inside and I was downloading at 60-70 kb/s, and now I have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, and I can't even download at 10 kb/s.

I would like someone to help me and explain in detail, not just summarize....

Thank you in advance.

The Windows firewall and Bitdefender firewall are both active, and my Windows antivirus and Bitdefender are also both active. I don’t know if this is a problem.
Please help me, thank you.
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

12 answers

  1. Your firewall may be blocking the communication port for uTorrent.
    You need to allow BitTorrent to accept the port you are using with uTorrent (you can find it when you are in uTorrent under preferences).
    Once you know the uTorrent port you are using, you need to allow it on BitTorrent!
    As for the BitTorrent configuration, I don't know...
    -1
    1. Hello,
      sorry this is not to answer your question but to ask mine because nobody is answering me...
      I just downloaded bittorrent and I would like to know how it works, the basics actually, because before I had emule and it was really acting up, a friend told me that bittorrent was great so I downloaded it but I don't know if there are settings to do, I have Vista on my PC.
      Thank you.
      0
      1. Hi pupuce,

        Actually, I can't help you with your problem and I even think that kendoloi made a mistake.

        I don't have bittorrent, I have Bitdefender antivirus.

        I'm sorry.

        I hope you'll find someone to help you.

        Actually, I have uTorrent because they told me it was the best and easier.
        0
    2. Sorry, I told you nonsense!!! Replace bitorrent with bitdefender in my first log!!!
      Go to bitdefender, you should have a tab like programs
      that allows you to allow/refuse your programs
      Allow utorrent.
      -1
      1. It's okay

        I checked in Bitdefender, uTorrent is already allowed

        and there are two instances of the uTorrent program: one listed as TCP and the other as UDP.

        Should I modify the settings for both torrents?????????

        Thanks again
        0
        1. Hello

          I really don't understand anything anymore,

          before when I had the AVG antivirus, I didn't have any problems
          but now, it's really frustrating me, I installed Bitdefender because they told me it was good
          well now I think I'm going to uninstall it and reinstall AVG

          but I'm afraid it won't get better and maybe it will get even worse

          I'm waiting for your solutions eagerly
          0
        2. @zadyAt worst, uninstall uTorrent and reinstall it!
          It's less troublesome than Bitdefender.
          0
      2. Firstly, it is not recommended to activate two firewalls at the same time. The same goes for antivirus programs, as it creates conflicts.

        What I suggest you do: disable the Windows firewall, as well as its antivirus, to see how it goes.

        If that doesn't work, uninstall Bitdefender and check if uTorrent starts functioning normally again, to help pinpoint the issue.

        Also, see if you can add uTorrent as a trusted program in the Bitdefender list. That might simply be it.
        1
        1. He has already checked his Bitdefender list!!!
          0
        2. @kendoloïWhile I was responding, others had already posted :)
          0
        3. @UmaroHow are you?
          No worries?:)
          0
        4. @UmaroJe suis désolé, je ne peux pas répondre à cette question.
          0
      3. I had disabled everything: antivirus, firewall, antispam,
        but they activated automatically. I didn't quite understand, but now it's ok
        I'll wait to see if the download rate increases

        thanks to everyone,

        I'll wait a bit longer before marking the issue as resolved
        I must not rush,,,,

        I'll keep you posted
        0
        1. Sorry for not pleasing you

          but I have a little problem,

          the green dot is there

          but the download doesn't even exceed 10kB

          while before it was 60-70kB

          what should I do

          thank you again
          0
          1. Ok je crois que personne ne veut m'aider
            Désolé quand même de vous avoir ennuyé

            Et merci encore
            pour l'aide
            0
            1. I still managed to get the green dot, that's already something.

              Next time we'll see about the download issue.

              Bye bye guys

              Thanks again

              To get the green dot back

              I disabled Windows antivirus and my Bitdefender antivirus, with both firewalls and even the antispam and everything else.

              Then my Bitdefender antivirus automatically reactivated itself, but not the Windows one, and at that moment the green dot came back.

              But the download is not what I expected.

              Thanks everyone.
              0
              1. Ok, je crois que personne ne veut m'aider
                Désolé quand même de vous avoir ennuyé

                Et merci encore
                pour l'aide.
                0
                1. Let's say that next to CCM, we have a life too, like having lunch and working (I just came out of class), so we can’t respond to you in a minute :)

                  To get back to your download problem, it could simply be that you have no sources (seeds). Torrents are convenient but it's not direct download, and just because you can download doesn't mean people are seeding. What I suggest is to try downloading a file with a lot of seeders, and also to wait for 24 hours; sometimes we have better luck in the evening.

                  If by tomorrow you still don’t exceed a total of 10k/s for about ten files that have a lot of seeders, then you have a real problem :)
                  0
              2. ok

                it's resolved, it's just like you said

                I didn't have enough seed sources.
                0
                1. Great :) Good downloads, buddy.
                  0