Error code 0x80070641

Solved
I have a problem when I try to install Windows Live Messenger, it shows me an error code: 0x80070641
If you have an answer to my problem
please reply to me
thank you
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

17 answers

  1. Hello
    Go to start, run and type: msiexec /regserver
    Try installing again after that.
    7
    1. I tried what you told me MoKo, but it doesn't seem to work... Windows can't find 'msiexec/regserver'... I don't know what to do anymore... Thanks anyway... Don't you have something else???

      thanks...
      1
    2. Thank you Moko! My problem was quickly solved thanks to you... Because it's a headache when you don't know much about computers.
      0
    3. Thank you, thank you 10,000 times, it works. I thought I was going to lose my mind.
      0
    4. Hello Moko,
      Do you have any tips for my issue?
      In Outlook, when I click on the links I receive to confirm a registration for example.
      I get the following message: The installation cannot continue (error code = 0x57)
      Thanks in advance...
      0
    5. Hello
      January 1, 2009 gift a webcam; problem: the same solution: yours, thank you very much
      0
  2. Salut, do you disable your antivirus during the installation?
    0
    1. No, but I already tried and it doesn't want to work.
      0
      1. Hello...

        I have the same problem... I can't install Windows Live Messenger... The error code is: 0x80070641... It is impossible to access the Windows Installer service... This can occur if the Windows installation program is not installed correctly...

        What should I do???

        Please help me...

        Thank you...
        0
        1. you did not respect the space between msiexec and /regserver...
          0
          1. Yes, I tried your thing, it worked, but during the installation phase it shows me the error "Windows could not install."
            0
        2. I had exactly the same problem as you.

          Moko is right: "Go to start, run and type: msiexec /regserver"

          Don't forget the space. ;)

          Thank you!
          See you!
          0
          1. It says "code error" for me even though I respected the space

            help me
            thank you
            0
            1. fait un copier coller pour etre sure
              0
          2. Salut, j'ai le même problème. Le truc de moko ça marche quand j'écris msiexec, ça me met une liste avec des mots, mais quand je mets les deux, ça me dit que ça ne trouve pas. Soit c'est moi qui n'ai pas compris, soit ça ne marche pas. Quelqu'un peut me dire s'il te plaît ?
            0
            1. At installation, it's still not working. Do you have anything else, please?
              0
              1. I have the same error code on Windows Vista, there is no "Run as" like on XP
                Who could help me?
                Thank you
                0
                1. Salut, j'ai essayé de taper msiexec /regserver, mais ça ne marche toujours pas. Comment faire s'il vous plaît, le plus vite possible, merci.
                  0
                  1. Thank you MoKo
                    just to avoid dying idiot
                    can you briefly tell me what msiexec /regserver did to the system? or is that too complicated?
                    how did this Windows error message come about? is it due to Messenger beta?
                    0
                    1. really cool I had this damn problem and I want to say a big thank you to moko

                      ps especially make a copy paste otherwise if you don't respect the spaces it won't work

                      thank you again

                      marco
                      0