How many songs on a 700MB CD

Solved/Closed
Good evening everyone!
Could someone tell me how many MP3 songs I can fit on a 700MB CD?
Thanks in advance!

5 answers

  1. ah ok, thank you
    but in general, on average, you don't know either?
    35
    1. Hello for me it would be downloading photos. 100 maybe?

      Thank you
      0
  2. Contributor
    It would be fantastic if we could say it like that! It’s a question that has an answer only on a case-by-case basis.

    Let me explain:
    1.- an mp3 can be encoded at different bitrates (levels of compression if you prefer) depending on the quality we want to achieve.
    2.- There are several algorithms on the market, depending on the encoder’s manufacturer. Some are more efficient than others, either for quality or for compression.
    3.- With the same encoder and the same bitrate, a 3-minute track will take less space than a 5-minute one.

    And knowing them all, while they all evolve regularly, would be a real challenge. So it’s a question that will have an answer only on a case-by-case basis.
    0
    1. Contributor
      On 1 DVD chosen at random, I have 792 files. For 4.3 GB. That makes 129 files for 700 GB. But that doesn't mean anything, depending on what I explained earlier.
      0
      1. ok, a big thank you for your response!!!
        i wish you a good evening!
        2
        1. It depends, but I think that on a 700 MB CD you can fit up to about 100 songs
          0