Footnote bug in Open Office?

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with Open Office Writer when I add a footnote: once the note is added, I paste, in my case, a web address - I imagine the problem also occurs with text - and everything seems to work fine at first... But when I close the document and reopen it, my note is completely misaligned, with an extra line space, without me having touched anything.

How please can I resolve this issue?

Here are two screenshots illustrating this:

Thank you,

Olivier

6 answers

  1. Hello,

    Clear the user profile:

    Procedure proposed by yclik:

    - Exit OpenOffice
    - Press the Windows key (the little flag) while holding down the R key
    - Enter %appdata%
    - Look for the OpenOffice folder and rename it to OldOpenOffice
    - Restart OpenOffice


    MBP + macOS Ventura
    OpenOffice, LibreOffice

    0
    1. Good evening

      maybe consider modifying the footnote style

      0
      1. Hello,

        Thank you for your replies, I will test this and get back to you.

        0
        1. The solution to rename the OpenOffice folder in appdata does not work.

          I don't know what to modify in the "Footnote settings" (F11/Styles and Formatting). What is the procedure? Thank you very much for the help!

          0
          1. Hello

            An example document would be welcome


            1) Go to https://www.cjoint.com/
             2) Click on [Browse] to select the file (maximum 15 MB)
             3) Scroll down to click on the blue button [Create Cjoint link]
             4) After a few seconds, the second page will display, with the link in bold; right-click on it and choose "Copy link"
             5) Go back to the discussion on CCM, and in your message, do "Paste".

            0
            1. Hello,

              Not well received during my first attempt.

              Your document is a .doc file opened with OpenOffice Writer.

              Please save it in .odt format and try again.


              MBP + macOS Ventura
              OpenOffice, LibreOffice

              1