Incompatible driver

Solved

Hello everyone,

In Windows Security 11, it says: Incompatible driver for (wdcsam64_prewin8.sys) unable to enable memory integrity with the driver.

Should I remove this driver and replace it, and will it have any consequences on my device's functionality??

If you have a solution to this problem, thank you for a very detailed response because I am really more than a novice in this area.

Have a good day everyone

PS: if it helps, I have an ASUS VivoBook laptop

25 answers

  1. Thank you for your response, but as I told you, I have no knowledge of computers and I don't know how to use your information.

    1
    1. Thank you for your response, but I would like to know if removing it will not disrupt the operation of the computer or if it needs to be replaced with another one, and if so, which one and how??

      Thank you again for your patience, have a good day

      0
      1. Moderator

        Is this the file that is causing the problem --> oem26.inf?


        0
        1. Moderator

          If this is indeed the file oem26.inf

          Windows + X
          Select --> Windows Terminal (admin)
          Type --> pnputil /delete-driver oem26.inf and hit enter
          Restart the pc.


          0
          1. I will try, thank you very much and have a good day

            0
            1. After the restart it puts me back :( unable to enable memory integrity, try to resolve incompatibilities with your drivers) and it’s always the same problem with: wdcsam64_prewin8.sys.

              So nothing has changed

              0
              1. Moderator

                Windows + X
                Select --> Windows Terminal (admin)
                Type --> pnputil /enum-drivers and hit enter

                Try to find the driver that is causing the problem.


                0
                1. Hello,

                  he gives me 3 drivers: oem71.inf - oem38.inf and oem39.inf nothing else

                  have a rainy day, at least where I am ???

                  0
                  1. Moderator

                    Run an sfc:
                    Windows key + X
                    Select --> Windows Terminal (admin)
                    Type --> sfc /scannow and enter

                    A system file check will be performed.


                    1
                    1. Thank you very much, it helped me.

                      0
                  2. I ran the analysis and it says: The Windows Resource Protection detected corrupted files and fixed them.

                    Do I need to do anything else???

                    0
                    1. Moderator

                      Do you still have the incompatible driver message for wdcsam64_prewin8.sys?


                      0
                      1. Hello,

                        I've tried a reboot several times and it always shows the same thing: Problem during the reinstallation of the computer. No modifications have been made.

                        I'm starting to despair, but thank you again for your help, and if you have any other solutions, I can still give them a try.

                        0
                        1. Moderator

                          Is the BIOS up to date?
                          Check the version in the image below.

                          Brand and model number of the PC?
                          Windows + R
                          Type --> msinfo32.exe and OK
                          Look under Manufacturer and Model
                          Example image:


                          0
                          1. Manufacturer: ASUSTek COMPUTER INC

                            Model: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X512DA_X512DA

                            Here are the results

                            0
                            1. Moderator

                              Look -->> HERE <<--
                              Bios version 317 (2021/12/21)

                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              If the BIOS is not up to date, download and install it --> Bios update

                              If the problem persists, format and perform a clean installation of Windows
                              --> How to install Windows 11


                              0
                              1. Hello,

                                I did everything you recommended, without success, I'm still having the same problem.

                                I still have formatting and reinstallation to do, but I'm hesitant to do it, I'm not skilled enough for that and I'm afraid of messing everything up.

                                But I thank you infinitely for your advice and your patience.

                                Have a great day

                                0
                                • 1
                                • 2