Échec de recherche de la disquette floppy

Hello,

When I start my Windows Vista, the screen doesn't turn on but when the screen does turn on with the PC, there is a "floppy diskette seek failure" message, and when I press F1, I get a BSOD.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    It means that the PC is trying to boot from the floppy drive.

    That's not a problem, as you just need to disable floppy drive detection in the BIOS and move the floppy drive down in the boot order.

    But even if that's the case, the system will look for the floppy drive, not find it, and move on to the next option, like CD, PC...

    If that doesn't work, then it's probably because the hard drive is improperly connected or it's dead.
    0
    1. Thank you for the response, but how do I access the BIOS?
      0
    2. @MeterebanI don't know, it depends on the brand of the PC and/or the motherboard, it could be pretty much any key to tap quickly at startup: F1, F2, F8, F10, ESC...
      0
    3. @brucineHe comes from DELL and he offers me:
      F2: setup
      F12: boot menu
      Ctrl-p: MEBx
      0
    4. @MeterebanThe 2, my general: F12 allows you to choose the boot device, do it before F2 to set up the BIOS.
      0
    5. Contributor
      @brucineHello everyone,
      Do 3.5-inch floppy disks still exist?
      It’s been a long time since floppy drives have been present on PCs.
      0