Windows 10 Installation Blocked

Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an Asus laptop from a USB drive (prepared using the "MediaCreationTool21h1" utility). I format it, install it, and so far so good, then the computer restarts. It asks me for the region, the keyboard type, then it asks me to connect to a network. I enter my Wi-Fi credentials. And Windows tells me "Verifying connection to Microsoft. This may take some time." And then, after a few minutes, it sends me back to the network selection step and so on, and I've tried with different networks... any idea to get past this step?

Thanks in advance.

--
Only change is permanent.

18 answers

  1. hi

    you can complete the installation without connecting the pc to the internet (click on "I don't have internet")

    you can also plug in the RJ45 cable to connect the pc

    see you later

    --
    the radiation level is higher at the employment office than in Chernobyl
    0
    1. Unfortunately, there are no options to indicate that I don't have internet.
      1
      1. re

        you should have "continue with 1 limited connection" or something like that

        @+

        --
        the radiation level is higher at the employment agency than at Chernobyl
        0
        1. No, not really either. I can indicate that my connection is limited, but he doesn't care and goes ahead with the procedure I mentioned anyway.
          0
          1. re

            is it Windows 10 Home or Pro that you are installing?

            @+

            --
            the radiation level is higher at the job center than at Chernobyl
            0
            1. The download and installation of the key happened automatically, I wasn't asked for my opinion, but personally I have a family code to enter, and I never reached that stage.
              0
              1. re

                but personally I have a family code to enter

                what is this family code?

                @+

                --
                the radiation rate is higher at the unemployment office than in Chernobyl
                0
                1. A Windows Family license, you know, the letters and numbers of the Microsoft key, you know.
                  0


                  1. A Windows family license, you know, the letters and numbers of the Microsoft key.

                    You don't need to enter the validation/license key, it's recorded on Microsoft's servers, and the PC will activate when you connect it to the internet.

                    @+

                    --
                    The radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl.
                    0
                    1. Ok, anyway, I haven't gotten to that point.
                      0
                  2. re

                    can't you connect the PC via Ethernet (cable)?

                    @+

                    --
                    the radiation level is higher at the employment center than at Chernobyl
                    0
                    1. Does not have any *
                      0
                  3. re

                    then he asks me to connect to a network. I enter my wi-fi codes. And Windows tells me "checking connection to Microsoft"

                    are you entering the correct Wi-Fi key (uppercase, lowercase etc...)?

                    @+

                    --
                    the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than in Chernobyl
                    0
                    1. Yes, that's the right wifi key. I set it myself, and by the way, it tells me that it is connected to the wifi network. It's Windows that refuses its "connection verification."
                      0
                  4. Hello,
                    checking the connection to Microsoft
                    I don't know, but it seems that this is to connect to your Microsoft account and not to the internet.
                    0
                    1. Well yes, but I don't, to my knowledge, have a Microsoft account so I'm stuck either way, right?
                      0
                    2. @cristaliHe doesn't ask me for a Microsoft account, but thank you.
                      0
                  5. re

                    and it keeps looping on "connection verification", even though you are connected?

                    @+

                    --
                    the radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl
                    0
                    1. Exactly
                      1
                    2. I tried a modified version of Windows and it gets stuck at more or less the same level with a different message.
                      1
                  6. re

                    I tried a modified version of Windows

                    What do you mean by a modified version?

                    @+

                    --
                    The radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl.
                    0
                    1. They say they've removed the trackers, but it doesn't do the job any better than the version downloaded from Microsoft, so whatever.
                      0
                  7. If you follow this tutorial:
                    https://www.malekal.com/comment-installer-windows-10-cle-usb/
                    At one point, you will see a screen "sign in to a Microsoft account." At the bottom left, you will find "offline account." There, you can create a local account that does not require an internet connection, finish the installation, and then fix the WiFi access issue.

                    --
                    I only make the effort to help those who make the effort to express themselves in correct French.
                    0
                    1. I have seen that before and I don't have that at the bottom left because it doesn't ask me to connect it to a Microsoft account.
                      0
                    2. @matzeredI have never seen a W10 installation (that will change with W11 Home) require being connected to finish the installation. There has always been an option to bypass the connection. But that's with the official ISO.
                      0
                    3. @SATS_frBut actually I started with the official ISO, it's after several attempts that I turned to something else.
                      0
                    4. @matzered

                      Did you manage to find it?

                      0
                  8. re

                    check the message from SATS_fr --> click here

                    @+

                    --
                    the radiation level is higher at the employment center than at Chernobyl
                    1
                    1. Thank you, but that's not the solution.
                      0
                    2. @matzeredHello matzered, have you found a solution to your problem? I reinstalled Windows on a laptop and it's stuck at the same stage. I also tried several times by formatting the storage of my PC, but I'm still stuck at this same stage.
                      0
                  9. Hello everyone, I'm resuming this discussion because I have the same issue, except that I continued without a Windows 10 activation key. Do you have any ideas, please?
                    0
                    1. Hello. What exactly is the problem?
                      0
                  10. Hello, I have a problem with the installation time of Windows 10. When I connect to the internet, I have no issues, but when I move to the next step which is "checking connection to Microsoft during Windows 10 installation", it fails and returns to the previous step. I have to reconnect to the internet and start all over again each time. I tried using a mobile hotspot, but nothing works, and I don't have an Ethernet port to see if that would solve the problem.
                    0
                    1. I'm sorry, but I can only provide translations.
                      0