Packard Bell AMD E1

Hello everyone, following my father's passing, I inherited his AMD E1 Vision. Unfortunately, it turns out that I couldn't find any backups and that this PC has been formatted... So no recovery partition anymore...
Message: (Reboot and Select proper Boot Device, or insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key)

Can anyone help me? Or should I consider this PC to be good for the trash...

I hope I haven't posted in the wrong forum.
Best regards to all
Papypat

1 answer

  1. Contributor
    Good evening,

    We have already talked about this here https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-27838331-amd-e1-vision

    But it's mostly about the processor... It would have been better to mention the exact model of this PC or its motherboard...

    In any case, don't think about putting Windows 7, 8, or 10 on it; you’ll have time to go do your shopping before seeing any results... At most, you can install a SMALL Linux to have some fun.
    0
    1. Thank you for this information, but this is the first time I come here, on the other hand this page seems to be closed.... and I believe it's 1200 AMD for one vision
      In the event that I decide to install LINUX, how should I proceed since I have no access, thank you.
      0
    2. And if I decided to install Windows 10 after all, how should I go about it? Thank you...

      0
    3. Contributor
      In Linux, I recommend "Toutou Linux" Wolks http://toutoulinux.free.fr/wolx55.php

      and in Windows 10, I won't say anything because it's not even worth it... Maybe an XP..??
      0
    4. And why not Windows 10 please......ALL Linux can be copied to a USB and is bootable?
      0
    5. Contributor
      You can install Windows 10 if you want, do as you please... But I'm saying this because it will be a real drag to carry around... a bit like a caravan behind a "Cloé"

      Toutou is indeed bootable from a USB stick... but it has the speed of a USB stick and it's an incomplete installation... look closely at the menus, it can be installed on the hard drive... and it's still something else.
      If the PC is 64 bits, there's even the "Slacko 64" version which is considerably more powerful.http://www.slacko.eezy.xyz/index.php

      http://www.slacko.eezy.xyz/download.php
      0