DELL OPTIPLEX 780 PC no internet access

Hello,

My PC, which was working fine until now, is giving an error code "unidentified network, no internet access," the router is connected via Ethernet cable to the PC, and the lights are flashing properly when the cable is plugged in.

The network card is an Intel 28567LM 3Giga, in the properties info I have: this device is working properly but in event and information:
"the device PCI \VEN_8086&DEV_10DE&SUBSYS_02761028&REV_02\3&172e68dd&0&C8 requires that the installation be continued."

In the device manager, I find an alarm "PCI serial port" code 28: driver not installed.
After searching online, I downloaded and installed the chipset from DELL, but when I try to install the driver (under C:\dell\drivers\R253211), no driver is found.

I am looking for information to help me get the PC back online.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to read this.
Best regards.
Fredo

3 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Go to the device manager
    Give the hardware ID of the PCI serial port
    Look at this --> Find a device's identification number
    Post the number in your next message.

    Is Windows 7, 8 or 10 --> 32 or 64 bit?

    --
    Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
    0