Issue with Rufus
Good evening,
I would like to make a bootable USB drive with Windows on it. I use ImgBurn to convert the file to ISO, then Rufus to make the USB bootable; however, Rufus keeps telling me: this image is not bootable, or it uses a boot method or compression that is not compatible with Rufus. I have tried several manipulations without result, so if anyone has a suggestion, it would be welcome.
Best regards!!!
I would like to make a bootable USB drive with Windows on it. I use ImgBurn to convert the file to ISO, then Rufus to make the USB bootable; however, Rufus keeps telling me: this image is not bootable, or it uses a boot method or compression that is not compatible with Rufus. I have tried several manipulations without result, so if anyone has a suggestion, it would be welcome.
Best regards!!!
4 answers
-
ModeratorHi,
Your "ISO" image may not be created properly and/or may be missing files.
You’re using imgburn, okay... But, which files does it use? Where do they come from? There must be some documents to create its "ISO" then...
--
~ To know how to listen is to possess, beyond one’s own, the mind of others... said Leonardo da Vinci.-
-
Moderator@gaga68The ISO must be incorrect or incomplete.
However, I still don't see what "imgburn" has to do with this story?
If you download the ISO from Microsoft's website, what does imgburn have to do with it, since the ISO already exists? -
@Judge_DTI downloaded the ISO after trying to successively create an ISO file from a <<normal>> file. The issue is not with ImgBurn, but with Rufus not recognizing the ISO image, whether it’s the one I converted or the one I downloaded directly. That’s why I don’t understand.</normal>
-
Moderator@gaga68It's already more "logical", however if Rufus refuses the ISO, either it is corrupted... or it is incompatible.
Check with unetbootin, just in case it might be related to Rufus, otherwise try with WinToFlash. -
-