MSS DLL 0xc0000142

Hello,
I want to launch an old game (RomeTotalWar) but when starting an error message appears: mss dll file is installed in windows - it must be installed in the directory application. Then another message: 0xc0000142
The only answers found in the forums are from several years ago, and relate to older versions of Windows
thanks in advance :)

1 answer

  1. Hello, download this file:
    http://fr.dll-files.com/download/1f7c162a3e43bd6bbd65fa30b6659637/mss32.dll.html?c=Sk56RG5hcmw1ZTU2eWE3MGJJZXZoZz09

    Extract the .dll from the archive, and put it on the desktop.

    Right-click the file you use to launch the game, and open Properties. Then, click the "File location" box. A window will open. Put that aside, and copy the DLL into the game folder.
    0
    1. Thank you
      I just tried doing what you said but the problem is at the last step, the game is on a CD. in the properties of the .exe file or the shortcut I can't find "file location"
      0
    2. @carabibineIf there is no file location marked, can you tell me what is written in the "Location" column, still in the properties.
      Image here:
      http://hpics.li/d92f463
      0