JVC DR-MH20S CHARGEMENT
Hi everyone,
I have a JVC DR-MH20S, bought a little over two years ago, and I'm having a " loading " issue. It started with it refusing to stop; it got stuck on "Goodbye" on the display and "Please wait" on the TV screen. With a few fiddles with various buttons on the remote, it would eventually turn off.
In the end, it categorically refused, which led to me unplugging the player, once, twice... Until the day it refused to restart!
Following various opinions read on this forum, I opened it up, re-soldered a few connections, changed a bulging 470 micro capacitor... full of hope, I plugged it back in... Pfouuuu!
Nothing at all!
I still have my lovely "Loading" message displayed...
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks anyway
I have a JVC DR-MH20S, bought a little over two years ago, and I'm having a " loading " issue. It started with it refusing to stop; it got stuck on "Goodbye" on the display and "Please wait" on the TV screen. With a few fiddles with various buttons on the remote, it would eventually turn off.
In the end, it categorically refused, which led to me unplugging the player, once, twice... Until the day it refused to restart!
Following various opinions read on this forum, I opened it up, re-soldered a few connections, changed a bulging 470 micro capacitor... full of hope, I plugged it back in... Pfouuuu!
Nothing at all!
I still have my lovely "Loading" message displayed...
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks anyway
Configuration: Windows XP Mozilla 1.7.13
35 answers
-
Hello,
I have a JVC DR-MH20SEF (disc recorder) for 3 years and I had the same problems as everyone else, namely that
- either I stayed in "LOADING"
- or it wouldn't stop anymore,.....
After spending over 600 EUROS on it three years ago, it broke my heart to throw it away, especially since I liked its features.
After ordering and changing a few capacitors on the power supply board of my DR-MH20SEF and since there were no improvements, I ordered a new board at the address below.
This board, the LPA10237 release 06B (reference for the DR-MH20SEF), is the modified version of the one I had before (release 04B) and according to the JVC technical service person, it no longer has issues (modifications have been made to solve all our little problems).
This purchase obviously cost me 90 Euros + 5 Euros for shipping, but I have a DR-MH20SEF that works perfectly again, and I am very happy.
I changed the board (or electronic card) in less than half an hour: so it was an easy intervention.
The JVC technical service person allowed me to share their contact details, which you will find below, so that anyone can inquire about the price and availability of the board that corresponds to their recorder model (with or without a disk).
Gérard.
D.V.C (Digital Video Camcorder)
JVC Technical Services in Paris
51 Rue Ramey
75018 Paris
01.42.52.28.06
Internet: www.jvc-dvc.com
sales of accessories and spare parts-
Hello
Thank you for your advice.
I have been using a JVC DR-MH 20S recorder for about 4 years, with no issues until February 2009. While playing a commercial DVD, it stopped and displayed "LOADING."
I went to see the JVC specialist in Toulouse. He told me he would change the power board (120.00€) without any guarantee of the result. If that doesn't solve the problem, it needs to be sent to JVC (without a quote).
I started to have doubts and consulted forums regarding this equipment.
I canceled the repair order and retrieved my device. The technician's advice was, "I will back up the content of the hard drive for you, and you can give me the device for free."
I decided to disassemble the recorder and check the voltage output from the power supply. Result: 5 & 10 V on the two outputs.
Not being an electronics technician, I bought a power board from DVC for 94.90€ with shipping.
Yesterday I installed the board and it still shows "LOADING."
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you in advance
AYAH
-
-
Good evening and welcome to the club
I have the same issue as you with the same device
Have you contacted JVC? Mentioning that it might be a kind of hidden defect?
Or have you found another solution, like a knowledgeable repairman...
Keep me posted
Thank you
Jean-
-
-
@RINTINTINGood evening,
This message is to thank you because I had this endless "Loading" problem and I changed the said capacitor and it's OK now.
The worst part is that I realized this capacitor had been changed under warranty when the device was one year old due to a previous issue, very well hidden this non-scam because the free invoice mentioned a repair involving the replacement of the power supply board for 90 euros + labor + tax, the total was 160 euros ????? Following this new issue 1 year later, the estimate from 2 days ago at DARTY was 165 euros!!! SO
THANK YOU A THOUSAND THANKS, knowing that I will probably be doing this again in a year! ! !
Have a good evening. -
@RINTINTINHello, the capacitor in position 5340 is a 25v 47µF, is this the one I need to change? I measured the voltage at the terminals of the power supply for the hard drive and the player, I have 7.5V and 12V, is this good?
Thank you. -
@RINTINTINThank you very much for the advice. I went for it, I changed the indicated capacitor and Eureka, the thing is working again. Cost of the operation: 15 cents and a bit of stress...
-
-
I finally found a solution:
1 Open the device and turn it on
2 Measure the voltages (12v and 5v) at the terminals of the 4-pin cable (without unplugging it!!) that powers the burner and the one that powers the hard drive
3 In my case it's 10v and 3.5v (instead of 5v) for the burner, so not the correct voltages
4 Unplug the non-compliant plug and power the component with an external power supply of the computer type (same voltages and standard plug)
5 Turn on the external power supply and then turn on the JVC burner
AND THERE IT'S GREAT, EVERYTHING RESTARTS! YESSSSSSSSSS
PLEASE: pass this on to other JVC victims -
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem (stuck on loading), it was sent for repair the first time (it was still under warranty), the contact told me that there were an impressive number of returns for the same defect and that JVC needed to make a modification to the hardware.
Six months later, the same defect but the device is out of warranty, and I don’t know what to do?
But for me, JVC is done, I’ll buy Chinese, half the price but with a lifespan of 2 years.
Do you think it’s a power supply problem? -
Hello,
Same thing, the loading blinks and after a certain time (20 or 30 minutes) the DVD goes to sleep.
I restart and now it's the wake up that blinks, I don't understand anything ;;;
What a piece of s*** this player is, I've taken it two times for warranty repairs, but now like you, there's no more warranty and no way to do an update. In the end, JVC will hear from me, because at €640 for the player, it's a rip-off!!!!
If anyone has a solution??
P.S. The voltage is good for both. -
Hello,
how do you measure the voltage?
When disconnected (unplugged from the burner side), the voltages on the connector are 12V and 5V
and once plugged in, one of the power supply voltages for my burner drops to 3.5V (instead of 5V)
however, you need a very fine test probe to check the voltage on the connector side of the power supply.
so make sure to check the voltages under load. -
Hello,
I've also just had the same loading problem. After leaving it blinking for 48 hours, I resigned myself and tried to open it, but I don't know anything about it. What should I do?
Repair or trash it?
Help me. -
Hello,
I just had the same issue with the 'loading'
does anyone know the repair cost at a specialist?
REGARDS -
Hello,
there is a series of comments on this topic here:
www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-2109783-probleme-graveur-dvd-de-salon-jvc-dr-mh30s -
If this can advance the debate on the bugs of this device:
my first failure occurred one stormy day (although there were no visual effects, surges, lightning, etc.)
the second failure, I could sense it coming, because for days, my hard drive was almost full, and the commands (file deletion) were struggling to be executed. Until the moment it froze during recording.
I believe the first failure was due to the power supply and the second to a saturated hard drive stuck in loading.
I therefore disassembled the hard drive, but I found no FAT32 files, nor any Linux format. I reformatted while testing different types of formats, but without success.
Do you know what it is formatted in? It must have a command type to reset it or perform a reset (like pressing several keys together, or a code to enter, or a strap to remove)
It would be silly to give 130 euros just for the removal of a jumper from the motherboard for 5 seconds. -
I just tried the PC power supply as indicated by Solex (comment 2)
I powered the burner and the hard drive with an external PC power supply, then turned on the JVC.
It had a flashing loading for 10 minutes (normal) and it started up.
I plugged everything back in like before, and it remains in loading: it seems I will need to change some components.
But the capacitors are not bulging: I’m hesitant to desolder without knowing...
For Askievre (post 9), the manual states to press the power button continuously while simultaneously pressing stop for at least two seconds. -
Hello
using small molex extensions (they were used to power a PC fan during the Pentium 3 days), I let the 12V from the JVC power supply pass through and added a separate power supply for 5 volts (yellow and gray wire) for the burner and hard drive.
For the moment, it works! No more LOADING
Does anyone know how to change hard drives? Is it possible or is it doomed to failure?
Get your soldering irons ready...
By the way, I have a friend who has a DR MH10: everything he burns to DVD has no sound (neither from the tuner nor from an input)
Does anyone have an idea?
I'm noting here again DR-MH20S DR-MH10 and DR-MH30S and JVC for the search engines: just to bother Mr. JVC
Good evening everyone -
Hello,
I also had a loading problem, I took it for repair and it cost me 90 euros, it better work for that price
long live JVC and their lousy products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
Hello everyone...
Regarding the DR-MH20S... yes I know it's been a while since the discussion started, but I've been quite busy and a bit neglectful...
So I connected a PC power supply to the HDD and the burner... and there: It's all good, everything works without a problem.
Aside from the aesthetic aspect (power supply at the back of the gizmo), I'd like to know if anyone has a solution to avoid leaving the power supply on continuously (and consequently the HDD and the burner), because if not, I can't use the programming ;o/
Still, a big thank you to everyone and especially to Solex because it’s already better than nothing. -
Hello!
While reading what I just wrote above: powering the 5 Volts with a small power supply that fits inside the JVC case!
and leaving the original 12 V. (Was my explanation unclear?)
PS: since yesterday I've had a green tint on the images when selecting the RGB mode
GRRRMBL -
Hello,
I ended up sending it for repair, I'll keep you updated on the cost of this repair. -
I have a JVC HDD/DVD/VHS DR-MX1S recorder that works fine (except for once or twice I also had a Loading issue, but it has fixed itself so far with some patience).
I had to open it up to remove a VHS tape that was stuck on the capstan. But since closing the cover back up, the cassette insertion mechanism is jammed.
I'm hesitant to reopen it for fear of damaging some mechanical parts. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do?
Or does anyone know a reliable (and quick) repair shop? -
Hello
another one in the club!
JVC should repair it free of charge, it's only normal for a 2-year-old device! Moreover, the malfunction is well-known
If they want to keep their customers, they must repair it
I will contact my dealer very soon. -
For the loading issue, even if you're not very handy, you can diagnose it using a PC power supply.
- Since you'll be working with the case open, avoid touching anything!!
1 Unplug and open the JVC DRMH10 or DRMH20 or DRMH30
2 Inside, disconnect the power connector from the DVD burner and hard drive enclosures
You'll recognize this power cable: it has 4 wires and a 2 cm translucent plastic connector, and it's hard to unplug.
3 Connect the DVD and hard drive to the PC power supply; the connectors are the same
4 Turn on the PC power supply
5 Turn on the JVC and wait about ten minutes.
If the loading disappears, we are in a situation where the 5V power supply of the JVC chassis is insufficient
Turn off, then unplug everything in reverse order.
Now there are three scenarios:
- a lot of luck: it restarts
- otherwise, we give up on the DVD by unplugging it; maybe the power supply will suffice for the hard drive?
- we find another way to supply 5 volts to these two devices, see other posts.
Mine has been working every day since my post on October 24... -
Good evening
I had the "loading" problem on a DR-MH50. I resolved it by cutting the 5v power supply to the DVD burner and replacing it with a tap from the 5v power supply of the hard drive.
I think connecting the hard drive and the DVD burner to a standard PC power supply can be a good solution for those who do not want to test the power voltages of these two peripherals. The connectors are identical and the voltages are present at the same terminals.
Good luck.
- 1
- 2
Next