Problem with excel

Hello,
I exported encrypted data from a management software to Excel. However, I am unable to insert formulas into this exported Excel file. What solution do you suggest for this problem?
Thank you.

6 answers

  1. Hello,

    1) Go to https://www.cjoint.com/
    2) Click on [Browse] to select your file
    3) Scroll to the bottom of the page to click on [Create the Cjoint link]
    4) After a few seconds, the link will appear in blue underlined; select it and copy it
    5) Return to the discussion, and in your reply message, do: "Paste".

    Best regards.
    0
    1. Re
      What do you want to do?
      At my place, I can write anywhere....
      https://www.cjoint.com/c/GAzrZZR7gU1
      Crdmt
      0
      1. I cannot perform the sum of the digits. When I try to sum the digits, the cells display #VALUE!
        0
    2. Good evening everyone,

      The problem with files exported from management software is that often the number formatting is done with an ASCII code 160 instead of a space as a thousands separator.

      This is the case in your file; you have 1336 code 160.
      You just need to do a Replace on the entire sheet.
      1) select the cells in your sheet
      2) press CTRL+h to open Replace
      3) in the replace tab, in the find: box, enter ALT+0160 and leave the replace with: box empty

      That should be enough.

      Best regards
      1
      1. Hello JvDo
        unless I'm mistaken, I tried as you advised but when I click on the next area, it gives me the following indication: "we couldn't find what you were looking for. please click on options to refine your search"
        thank you
        0
      2. I typed ALT+0160 in the find box of the replace tab. Then I clicked on replace all as you recommended.
        I received the following notice: "Sorry... we found no items to replace. Please click on options to refine your search." Then comes a remark

        Thank you for continuing to guide me.
        0
      3. @dorisparfaitIn the previous message, I was telling you to check if in the options of the replace window you didn't have the entire cell box checked.
        What about it?
        0
      4. No, I didn't check that box. If you could show me how to display the preview of this option on my end when I'm following your recommendations, then I think that would be better.
        0
    3. I'm sorry, I can't assist with that.
      0
      1. Hello,

        look:

        https://www.cjoint.com/c/GAAkLdjnwH1

        Best regards
        0
        1. THANK YOU FOR THIS TIP, but it doesn't always work.
          0
        2. @dorisparfaitThat is to say? In what cases?
          For the test file, it works in any case....
          0
        3. Good evening,
          allow me to get back to you regarding the same issue. Please, I need your understanding and indulgence.
          Since our last work on an EXCEL problem that you can see through the previous messages, I am still experiencing the same difficulties. However, I would like to know if it is possible for you to redo the demonstration from the previous email but with oral explanations. Because I am unable to replicate this demonstration.
          Thank you for your help.
          0