Difference between "force quit" and "disable"

Solved
Hello,

could you explain to me the difference between "force stop" and "disable" an application?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    "Force Stop": Stops the application if it is running (equivalent to closing a program in Windows, for example)

    Disabling it prevents it from starting and being used, as if it were uninstalled, without actually being so (often these are system or pre-installed applications that can only be disabled).

    --
    ~ To know how to listen is to possess, besides one's own, the minds of others... said Leonardo da Vinci.
    304
    1. Thank you, Judge_DT, it's a clear and straightforward explanation.
      1
    2. Thank you for this very interesting information.
      1
    3. Thank you very much Judge_DT.
      So by forcing the stop, I won't risk any damage to the app and I can restart it when I need to?
      0
    4. Thank you for a simple and understandable explanation.
      0