Customs Counterfeit Risks?

Solved
Hello,

I recently bought 4 items on the ioffer and Aliexpress websites. Each purchase is separate:

-Hermès belt on Aliexpress: €25. It is very likely a counterfeit at this price (~€400 for the real ones). The word "gift" will appear on the package.

-Hermès belt on ioffer (different from the other one): €15 (same remark - probably a counterfeit)

-Crocodile logo belt (but looks very little like Lacoste): €5

-Versace sunglasses: €15 (counterfeit as well, real ones are much more expensive).

So here are my purchases, but I am increasingly worried seeing messages from people talking about packages seized by customs. All these packages are being sent separately, via China Post, and with a value under €30, I would like to ask if you think I risk having my packages opened, and what I could risk afterwards in terms of consequences (fine, summons...)...

Thank you for your help, I look forward to your responses (in fear ^^)
PS: (the talk about "buying counterfeits is bad" is not welcome, that is not the purpose of this topic, thank you :) )

9 answers

  1. There is indeed a good chance.
    Never order counterfeits. Never. But the damage is done and I'm not going to scold you ^^
    You just have to pray that the package arrives at its destination. However, few packages are opened; about 1 in 100. So, not much stress. I think you will receive them, but in the future, be careful. Customs only opens a few packages because it takes a lot of time. And just think, if agencies can manage to conceal weapons in televisions and get them through customs without a hitch, your counterfeits will slip through easily. :d
    I think customs is more focused on finding drugs and weapons than counterfeits.
    22
    1. Thank you for your response, it's not worth it just for the stress :(
      Do you know what could happen if by chance they were to hold one of my packages?
      0
    2. I found this on the ministry's website:

      Please be aware that the importation of counterfeit goods constitutes a customs offense, punishable by a fine of between one to two times the value of the authentic product and a maximum imprisonment of 3 years, 5 years and €500,000 if the acts are committed by several persons together or online.
      0
    3. Does that mean I might have to pay €500,000? Plus about €2,000 if they open my packages? :O
      I'm in trouble...
      0
    4. http://www.douane.gouv.fr/articles/a11068-role-de-la-douane-dans-la-lutte-contre-la-contrefacon

      Here they say that in 2012, 30% of packages were opened, which means I'm probably going to have my package opened too :(
      0
    5. It's at the maximum, huh, you can have way less. And remember what I wrote, you have little chance, really little chance of getting caught. The real risk is when you buy counterfeits in foreign countries; if you get checked at the airport or at the border, that's the real risk. If it's packages, the risk is much lower.
      0