Hyperlink in Photoshop

Solved
Hello,

I created a CV on Photoshop where I want to include a link to my website. Following instructions I found online, I used the slice tool and slice selection. The link works when I save for web, but not when I save as PDF, and I want the link to work in the PDF. Is that possible? Thank you.

Configuration: Windows 7 / Mozilla 11.0

1 answer

  1. Hi

    Just simply without needing a slicing tool:
    Type your HTML link normally using the text tool
    Save it as a PDF you save it as a copy and by unchecking layers in the next window settings you set high quality

    Let me know if it works for you, it’s working for me (with Sumatra PDF)

    Test it first on a blank A4 Photoshop doc with just the text if it works you can delete the slices from your CV, indeed the web links from the slices in Photoshop disappear after exporting to PDF, unless you reopen it with Adobe Acrobat (or InDesign maybe too)
    1. Thank you for the tip, it works. But now I have to write the exact URL, I can't write another word to which I assign the URL. But it doesn't matter, I'll make do with the exact URL. Thanks again.
    2. @neocolorI know, but it's a Photoshop bug; what was created with the slice tool disappears in PDF, so there are no other options
      You either need to insert a link by someone who has Acrobat, or redo your PDF in Word or Open Office, where the links work.
    3. @Zlatan

      Hello Neocolor and Zlatan,

      I’m not sure if you will read this, but I think it might be useful for those who come after you.
      First of all, thank you Zlatan for your help! Thanks to you, I was able to successfully save my URL in PDF format!

      And for you Neocolor, and maybe everyone else who will read this. A little tip to "hide" an aesthetically unpleasing URL, just choose the same color as your background for your text, that way it won’t be visible but will still be present.

      Personally, I even added a drawing on top and it blends in perfectly haha