[TI-89] connection issue

Solved/Closed
Hello,

I bought the TI89 Titanium calculator, and I also installed TI connect, but I can't establish a connection between the PC and the calculator. In the communication settings, I set:

Unit: TI-89

Type of cable: USB Cable

Port: USB

Despite all this, it's impossible to establish the connection.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.3

31 answers

  1. Have you switched your calculator to transfer mode?
    --
    A revelation for some: Google really exists!
    Your best anti-spyware is yourself!
    41
    1. You need to go to "VAR-LINK", "Connection" and then "send", right?
      If that's the case, yes I did it.

      Any other ideas?
      20
      1. It's all good, I found out it's because I didn't have the right version of "TI Connect."

        Thanks anyway for your help.
        12
        1. Hello,
          I have the same problem as you. I would just like to know how you found the correct version please.
          0
      2. Hello, I also bought a TI 89, but the "usb" option does not appear in the "ports" category, there is only com1 and com3. Could someone help me? I'm not very familiar with computer hardware!!
        Thank you.
        26
        1. I have the same problem and I only have the choice com3. Otherwise, when I go to the send connection, it says no response from the unit. Please help me.
          12
          1. Hello,
            If you have installed the drivers correctly, you can just start a transfer and it will search automatically... It's obvious...
            Good LUCK ;)
            15
            1. Hello,
              And uh, don’t forget to check that you have the latest version of ti conect.
              6
              1. Hello,
                I also have a problem connecting my TI-89 to the computer: I launch TI Connect and it doesn't detect the TI-89, what should I do (with the computer and the calculator)?
                11
                1. Hello,
                  If you have installed the drivers correctly, you just have to start a transfer, it will search automatically... for it goes without saying...
                  Good LUCK ;)
                  4
                  1. Hello,
                    To connect the TI89, you go to 'var link', and then? Link, send? Why don't these functions appear in my menus (my TI89 is not a titanium, it's a version 1.00)?
                    1
                    1. there's nothing to do with the ti except turn it on, then you start a transfer, the ti will connect and search automatically... as for the rest, it goes without saying...

                      ++
                      -2
                      1. Hello,
                        I HAVE A TI89 TITA. I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF TRANSFERRING PROGRAMS TO ANOTHER TI89 TITA BUT BOTH CRASHED SIMULTANEOUSLY. THEY NO LONGER RESPOND AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I REMOVED THE BATTERIES BUT WHEN I PUT THEM BACK IT IS STILL FROZEN.
                        7
                        1. Help, please! I can't connect my TI anymore, the computer doesn't recognize it anymore!!!!!! I have a brand new TI-89 Titanium, which I'm quite proud of, and I connected it to the PC to send a few programs. Then I was offered to change the operating system. At that moment, I got a little error message that made me repeat the download of the system update.... And I finally got it, which I later regretted (some Apps disappeared.....) Maybe the problem comes from that? Perhaps the system wasn't completely downloaded? Anyway, the problem appeared, I did everything I could to fix it: reset the system in several ways, changed the batteries, etc... I reinstalled the TI Connect software. Desperate, I was browsing the forums when I found a case quite similar to mine, with the same message: "USB device not recognized One of the devices blablabla...." (the guy ended up going to see his dealer: it was an internal problem and he got a new one) Grrr I can't do that! So if you have an idea or a solution, please let me know ^^
                          5
                          1. Hello,
                            I had the same problem with my TI-89 Titanium calculator. I would like to know if you found a solution to this issue. If so, please let me know because I've lost all hope for my TI to work properly.
                            Thank you in advance.
                            Have a great day.
                            0
                        2. I have the same issue with COM ports 1 and 3
                          I can't get a USB port to work.
                          5
                          1. Hello,
                            I have a TI 89 titanium, I installed the software on my PC and now I would like to transfer data from my PC to my TI, but the format of my documents (WORD) is not supported by the TI.
                            What should I do?
                            1
                            • 1
                            • 2