How to move the cursor in Audacity?

Solved
-  
Hello everyone,

So here it is, I have a silly question, but how do you move that darn selection cursor in Audacity? ^^

When I use the arrow keys it moves the track instead of moving the cursor. Did I miss something or what? o_O

In any case, for now, it's not very good for making precise selections. I've seen more intuitive :-P

Thanks in advance for your help ;-)

5 answers

  1. Hello,
    indeed Audacity is not made for precise selections! :)
    If I understood your question correctly, to move the cursor, you click on the "I" icon at the top left! Then you select with the mouse.
    3
    1. Other versions may have been released after the one I have; I haven't updated it in a long time, but if I’m not mistaken, in mine, all you need to do is click where you want to place it, and with a click-and-drag, you select a part of the song.
      0
      1. Thank you for your answers ^^

        But I understood that you had to click to place the cursor :-P What I want is to be able to move it precisely with the arrow keys, like in 3/4 of audio or video editors ;-)

        The I icon is enabled by default.
        0
        1. At my place, it works; you just need to click somewhere and you can adjust with the left and right keys.
          0
          1. Unfortunately, at my place, the cursor stays in the same spot and it's the track that moves from left to right ^^
            0
        2. Ah! :) So at the bottom of the window there are timers, you enter the start second and the end second and it selects automatically.
          0
          1. Thank you very much jycez, as well as to anarsk@ ;-)

            That's cool ^^
            0