Reading MKV files in different languages

Solved
Hello,

Here I have a small problem reading MKV files,
I’m using Windows Media Player Classic with the Satsuki codec pack.
I can perfectly watch MKV files but only in French; all other languages (including VO) as well as all subtitles seem to be missing. Why ??
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 1.5.0.11

3 answers

  1. Hello,
    indeed, the “satsuki” pack is very good for playing MKV files and it comes with the “Media Player Classic” player, which is also very stable; that said, for changing subtitles or audio, it’s simple: when you open a video file, “haali splitter” starts in the taskbar at the bottom right and you just need to right-click on it to see the various audio & subtitle tracks and thus select what you want ...
    13
    1. Hello,
      I have the same problem with Nero Show Time, the video plays perfectly. But it's impossible to change the language or to add subtitles, even though the MKV file contains 2 audio channels and 2 subtitles.

      Nero Show Time recognizes the 2 audio channels in the properties but doesn't give me the option to switch to another one.
      An help would be welcome ;-)
      2
      1. Hello everyone again!!

        I’ve fixed my problem, so I just tested different players. It turned out that subtitles and languages were accessible with VLC. But beware, for reading MKVs with VLC I only succeeded with the Satsuki pack.

        So personally I recommend:
        - The Satsuki pack
        - VLC Media Player.

        I wish you all good luck reading your MKVs!!
        4