Device name already in use

Solved
Hello everyone,

I have a small problem with my company's network.

One of the PCs cannot connect to the server, I tried to ping the server (server2003) but no response.

When I try to access the network drive (shown in the workstation), the following message appears:

"Microsoft Windows Network: Local device name already in use.
This connection has not been restored."

Do you have any ideas... or even several ^^'

P.S: everything was working very well before a power outage.
Configuration: Windows XP Pro Server 2003

3 answers

  1. I found a solution.

    I removed the network drive to reinstall it. Everything is working again.

    There you go.
    5
    1. I have the same problem
      What does it mean to "remove the network drive to reinstall it"? Do you mean "turn off the server and turn it back on": is that it?
      Thank you for your response

      oxkapox
      3