Av1 and Av2

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my old TV; I have only one SCART socket at the back and I need to connect my decoder and my PS3. So, I plugged in a SCART splitter to connect both devices.

The problem is that when I switch to AV1, both the TV and the PS3 show up at the same time, and when I switch to AV2, there’s nothing.

What should I do?

Configuration: Windows 7 / Safari 535.19

1 answer

  1. If you are saying that you connected your multiperitel to the AV1 input of your TV and connected your decoder and your PS3 to it, and that on your TV it indicates AV1 OR AV2, then:

    When you select AV1, you will have the choice either of the PS3 or the decoder.
    If it indicates AV2, it means there is another input (possibly in composite (yellow, red, and white connectors)).

    There you go.
    0
    1. well no when I set av1 I have TV and PS3 that's the problem
      thank you for getting back to me as soon as possible
      0
    2. Hello
      beware of the plague of multi-purpose SCART sockets, indeed some cheap manufacturing models have the internal connections wired in parallel (all together) which causes an uncontrollable mixing of signals. I had this issue and then found a switch box with two or three SCART inputs controlled by a button that selects (1,2,3) the source devices connected. In my case, a VCR and a DVD player, connected through a SCART cable to the only socket on my small 36cm TV.
      cheers
      check on the internet "SCART switch"
      0