SD card reading issue 4 GB
Solved
Hello,
I recently bought a 4 GB SD card, but it doesn't fit in my computer and Windows XP SP2 does not recognize the device. What should I do? What updates are necessary for it to work? Thanks in advance.
I recently bought a 4 GB SD card, but it doesn't fit in my computer and Windows XP SP2 does not recognize the device. What should I do? What updates are necessary for it to work? Thanks in advance.
43 answers
-
These SD cards are High Capacity! You will probably need to buy a HC card reader to use them...
-
Hello everyone.
I too am a victim of the same issue. Indeed, my 4GB card is not recognized either by my iPAQ 2410 or by the various readers I've used it on. I'm not sure what to do, the card has never been detected. Additionally, my 2GB SD card is no longer recognized either, even though it worked perfectly for a month.
Thank you in advance for your help. -
I also bought a Technaxx 4GB SD card for my DELL AXIM X51 PDA. As soon as I inserted the card into its slot, my PDA froze. Since then, I tried to check if Windows recognized it via my card reader, but the search just keeps spinning without finding anything. I went through the Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, and then Disk Management, where I could see that Windows detected it but marked it as "unreadable" while the card reader kept running. That's my little story; I'm not very computer-savvy, but could someone please help me and possibly provide the steps to follow so I can use this SD card? Thank you in advance. Best regards to you all.
-
Hmm... certain electronic devices only accept a maximum capacity of 2 gigabytes (phones, in this case). As for Windows... uh... personally, I don't know, it might be a firmware issue, or maybe Windows doesn't have the drivers for this kind of thing, or the memory reader is unable to deliver enough voltage to power such a large capacity... I think that the bigger it is, the more it consumes, and very likely the slots for the cards do not provide enough power at some point... a bit like AGP and PCI Express...
Good luck.
MaAx -
I had the same problem with my 4 GB SD card recognition.
However, with Windows Vista, I was able to read and format it.
That doesn't mean it can be used in all PDAs.
On an iPaq 6915, the 4 GB card is not recognized in FAT 32 or FAT 16.
I'm stuck; I can't use this card.-
Good evening, sorry to bother you, I just wanted to ask how you formatted your SD card. I have the same problem with my 4 GB Kingston card, my Windows Vista PC doesn't recognize it. Thank you for helping me because I've been struggling with this card for a month. Thanks for getting back to me, see you!
-
-
Good evening, I bought a 4GB EMETEC SD HC card with its USB reader, but the problem is that every time I insert it into my camera, it asks to format the card. First on the device, it can't read the card each time. So I inserted it into my PC with the USB reader, I followed the formatting instructions from a forum response and inserted it again into my device, but the same message keeps showing up: cannot read the card, format the card first. I'm going crazy and I'm going on vacation this weekend... please help me to solve this problem...
-
I can't format my micro SD on Windows XP, nor on my phone (Samsung SGH E-250).
I even tried in DOS and it gives the message: "unrecognized file system."
Thank you for following up on my message. -
These are HC cards; they are only recognized by HC card readers and devices that clearly specify compliance with the standard.
There is nothing else to do but resell them or change to a mobile device that is compatible.
This is a limitation due to the micro SD specification; there is nothing to be done, it's like trying to burn on a DVD-R in a drive that only supports DVD+R... -
Hello,
I have the same problem as everyone else!
My boyfriend has a 4GB SD card in his camera, and I can't transfer the photos to my computer because it doesn't recognize the card; nothing happens when I insert it into my laptop...
However, I have one (but it’s 512MB) and it works perfectly! -
Note that in FAT16, partitions are limited to a maximum size of 2GB (FAT32 can have a significantly larger partition size)... just in case for some, the issue of 4GB not being recognized may stem from that...
-
In my humble opinion, you need to format a USB drive to NTFS by inserting the drive and using convert, the address, for example F in the Run menu to format, you do this for everything, it works, FAT32 is limited to 4 GB, it will accept larger files and the others will be formattable.
-
-
Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder à des contenus externes.
-
You need to acquire a USB card reader in which we will insert the card that will be recognized.
-
Hello everyone...
I just bought a 6GB Micro SDHC... and damn it!! I can't read it :X ...even with the SD adapter that was sold with it. -
Hello
same problem with a 4G even with a USB adapter
there is a communication issue among manufacturers regarding the compatibility of products that are not compatible with misleading references
if anyone has a trick to read their cards on PC
thank you -
Good evening,
here is a link that may help you
https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=3&v_code=2933
here is what it says:
Furthermore, let's note the release of patch KB934428 for Windows XP which fixes an issue with recognizing Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards with a capacity greater than 4 GB, meaning 8 GB models. This patch updates the SDbus driver to version 6.0.4069.3259.
* Patch KB945149 for Windows XP and detection of 8 GB SDHC cards
good luck and see you later! -
Hi everyone!
I bought a 4GB SDHC card and it's impossible for my HP Pavilion PC with XP to read it.
So I navigated and found a solution for my PC; now I just need to know if it will work with yours.
I installed a patch to be able to read 8GB SDHC cards and now after a reboot, it's working like a charm.
I'm leaving the link here: good luck to you and have a lot of fun.
http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/search.aspx?q=KB934428
Bye-
Hello everyone!
I just received an 8 GB SDHC card
I inserted it, Windows asked to format it, which I did, and now it is recognized as 4 GB. Even with the patch that dom_quichatte suggested, nothing works, it's impossible to format it from 4 GB to 8 GB, the digital device no longer recognizes the card even though it recognized it well when it was new
Is there a solution???? :o) ! -
-
-
@Kilou88Hello,
I have an 8GB SD HC card and I installed the Windows XP SP2 update KB945149 allowing detection.
And nothing happens, my card still does not appear....
Do you have any idea?
Thank you -
-
-
I have a HP TV M7325.fr.desktop PC equipped with Windows XP Media Center, and I can't read a 4GB SDHC card that I just bought for my camera.
Who can help me find a solution?
Thank you in advance. -
hello everyone
I bought a 4GB micro SD with a thin adapter for my M3 anyway...
that's not the issue.
I connect it to the PC
1st, 2nd day it works then on the 3rd bam!!
it's not recognized anymore
:'(
I think this problem is very common but could someone give me a link where I could recognize it like with "dom_quichatte" but for a 4GB micro SD and for Windows XP
thank you very much to those who will help me
hope to see you soon!!! -
Hello, thanks to "FORMATAGE CLEF USBSP27213.exe" I was able to format my 4GB SDHC card.
-
Hello, I found this on a site but I'm not sure if it's the same for the m3 (for those it concerns)
This card works perfectly. Its only flaw on paper is a somewhat slow transfer speed. Otherwise, do not pay attention to the previous comment. That comment is stupid. It’s not the card that is incompatible with the R4, but the other way around. This card does not work with an R4 because the R4 does not accept cards larger than 2 gigabytes. Before buying a product, one should check its compatibility with the device they are going to use. SDHC cards are recent, so make sure your phone or other device is compatible.
See you++
- 1
- 2
- 3
Next