Missing SKU011.CAB

Solved/Closed
When I try to install a missing component of Office 2003, a message appears saying that the file SKU011.CAB is missing; I downloaded it from the internet and added it to MSOCACHE, but it is not being detected. What should I do?
Configuration: HP 520 RAM/ WIN XP Pro 2002

22 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello to those who will come here looking for the solution to this problem. Here it is:

    No need to download anything. Just a modification in the registry is enough.

    To access the registry: Start/Run. Type Regedit + OK
    Follow to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> 11.0 -> Delivery
    There you will find a directory like 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9
    Select this directory.
    On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache.
    Set the value to 0.

    --
    To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
    60
    1. WOW a big THANK YOU... it was a problem that was 'bugging' me for a long time... thanks for the good advice
      0
    2. Contributor
      SUPPLEMENT

      It sometimes happens that a message appears saying: Error 1311. Source file not found: D:\MSO Cache\All Users\9000040c-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\PA561401.CAB.
      The missing .CAB file can be found on the pages ftp://82.235.13.34/logiciel/Office%202003 & ftp://206.191.114.102/Microsoft%20Office%202003/OFFICE/
      The location where it needs to be installed is indicated in the message reporting its absence. -

      --
      To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
      0
    3. @jmp59Hello,
      Thank you for your explanations. I encountered the reported error 1311. Unfortunately, when going to the two links you provided, I can’t seem to make any progress; here is the message that appears: "Windows cannot access this folder. Verify that the file name specified is correct and that you have permission to access the folder."
      I don't know where to go to check if I have permission. Can you please help me?
      Thank you in advance.
      NATH
      0
    4. Contributor
      @jmp59Hello,

      I just tried.
      The first link works. The second gives the same response as the one you received.
      I think there’s an issue with the server. It should be back soon.

      --
      To err is human; to persist is diabolical.
      0
    5. @jmp59Good evening,
      You were certainly right. When I turned my computer back on, I realized that I could once again open my Excel documents. It's a huge relief!
      In any case, thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. Additionally, your explanations were very clear and it was a pleasure to follow your instructions.
      Best regards,
      NATH
      0
  2. Hello,

    I've followed the instructions but the problem is that I have nothing named cd-cache.
    What should I do in this case???
    A quick response would be appreciated, please.
    2
    1. Same as JU...
      No "delivery" folder under 11.0

      Just the following folders:

      -> Common
      -InstallRoot
      -Licensing
      -VerboseSetupLogging

      ->Outlook
      -Setup

      ->Registration

      There is indeed a "delivery" but it is not found under 11.0, but directly under "office"... and no trace of "CDCache" in this file....

      After some research, I found the famous key "90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9", it is located in the "Registration" subfolder... unfortunately, in the right pane, there is not a hint of "CDCache"... anyway... I'm stuck...
      3
      1. Thank you for the solution, I had the same problem. How did you figure that out? It blows my mind. Lucky to have people like you.
        0
        1. Contributor
          How did you find that out

          I searched on Google!
          Experience, intuition, and a certain knowledge of English. But I don't always succeed!

          --
          To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
          0
          1. Hello again

            I finally created a system restore point and............miraculously my Excel is working again

            Thanks anyway for all the help on the forums

            Marie
            0
        2. Thank you very much for the solution! It helped me get the equation editor working... ^^
          0
          1. Despite the modifications, my XP & Vista do not respond to the instructions?
            Thank you in advance for the help

            Ollep
            0
            1. Hello, I have the same problem but with Office 2007.
              Do you have a solution, please? Thank you.
              0
              1. I still can't resolve the issue with error 1311.
                1
                1. Contributor
                  Have you read post 7?

                  What is the name of the missing source file?

                  --
                  To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                  0
              2. Wow, thanks jmp59 for your FTP addresses, I found all the successive files I was missing. I still don't know why those damn files were missing, but at least I can access my spreadsheets. Thanks again!!!
                0
                1. +1 problem solved for me too. Thanks jmp59
                  PS: I found another site with the .CAB since all the links were down.
                  0
                  1. I CANNOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE WITH SKU011.CAB.
                    0
                2. WHEN I EXECUTE THIS MANIPULATION
                  To go to the registry: Start/Run. Type Regedit + OK
                  Follow to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> 11.0 -> Delivery
                  There is a directory like 90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9
                  Select this directory.
                  On the right side of the screen, right click on CDCache.
                  Set the value to 0.

                  HERE IS THE SCREEN that appears
                  ERROR 1311
                  3
                  1. Contributor
                    Error 1311. Nothing else?

                    --
                    To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                    0
                    1. Thank you for all this clear and precise information that helped me resolve the infamous SKU011 issue. Everything is working beautifully now.
                      0
                  2. Contributor
                    I don't understand what's happening.
                    I downloaded this file without any problem and I've made it available here http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/0bfbxIMU
                    But I'm not sure you won't encounter the same issue.

                    --
                    To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                    0
                    1. Hello jmp59,

                      It seems you manage to find the solution to all .CAB file issues, so here’s a new challenge if you accept it: among your links, only one opened but unfortunately, my file isn’t there: E2561403.CAB
                      Do you have a link to propose that could save me?

                      Thanks in advance
                      0
                  3. In the end, I succeeded; I downloaded the file with another computer and it worked... who knows why.

                    Anyway, problem solved, thank you for all the advice I followed to the letter to resolve this annoying issue.

                    Good luck and thanks again.
                    0
                    1. Contributor
                      It is possible that your firewall is seeing danger where there is none.

                      --
                      To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                      0
                      1. I am desperate about this sku011.cab. I managed to open a link that allows me to open or save it, but how do I activate it or put it where it needs to go? It runs away without warning, and I can't manage to put it back, so right now I have it on my computer along with a lot of files that go with it, but what to do with it? Misery...
                        3
                        1. Contributor
                          Why come ask this question at the end of this discussion, in "Resolved" status, when the solution is explained in post 1?

                          And it has already been successfully used by dozens of people who came to say so in this discussion and in others addressing the same topic.

                          --
                          To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                          0
                          • 1
                          • 2