Login failure

Solved/Closed
Hello,
For the past few days, I have been unable to start my computer, which displays: "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"
What should I do? It's on Windows 7.
Thank you for your help!

Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0

6 answers

  1. Hello.

    Restart in safe mode.

    Then, click on Start\Run, type regedit.exe to open the registry. Expand the branch
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

    Locate the key starting with S-1-5..... and having a long sequence of numbers with a .bak at the end.

    Look for another key starting with S-1-5.... that has exactly the same values but without the .bak at the end,
    then simply swap them, meaning add .bak to the one that doesn’t have it and
    remove it from the one that does.

    This operation is done by right-clicking on these keys, then Rename

    Exit and restart.
    129
    1. Thank you very much, I had the same problem, and this solution is the right one.
      0
    2. problem solved with your magic potion!!! this guy is great!!!
      Awesome
      Thank you
      0
    3. Thank you Morganch and well done!
      0
    4. Hello! It's kind of you to help others.

      Look for the key starting with S-1-5..... and that has a large number of digits with a .bak at the end.

      The keys I have on seven do not end with .bak; the two have no extension.
      In this case, what should I do then?

      Thank you in advance!
      0
    5. Thank you so much Morganch!!!!!!!!!!
      0