1 long beep, 4 short beeps

Solved
Hello,

Here is my problem, my desktop computer suddenly restarted and now when I try to turn it on, there is 1 long beep, 4 short beeps followed by this message: Warning: Your CPU fan fail or sleep too low. Apparently, it seems to be a problem with the fan, but I don't know if the speed is too high or too low. I cleaned my fan to remove all the dust, but the message is still appearing. I then tried to disable the message, but I can't access the BIOS. I removed the BIOS battery for the reset but the message still appears.

What is, precisely, the nature of this warning message and how can I fix it?

Thank you!

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,

    too low means trop bas

    It might simply be a bad connection of the CPU plug on the motherboard. Remove it and reinsert it, that might be enough.

    It could also be a contact issue between the heatsink and the CPU. Have you checked the thermal paste?
    --

    Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.
    5
    1. I don't know where the thermal paste is.
      0
    2. The thermal paste is located on the CPU (under its cooler).
      0
    3. Alright, I will check, but for now the message has disappeared...
      0
  2. I am considering a change of CPU fan.
    0
    1. It's a problem with the fan. Do you see it spinning or not when the PC starts up?
      0
      1. Yes, the fan is running.
        0