Unable to sort the table

Hello,
In a table created in Word 2007, I want to use the "sort" function "sort the selected text alphabetically...". But when I click on this function, a window tells me "Cannot sort the table or selection because all rows are table headers."
How can I modify my text so that it is no longer recognized as a table header?
Thank you
Didier

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.3

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    I've come across the same issue.

    To solve it:
    - select the rows you want to sort in the table (without the headers)
    - uncheck/deselect the "Repeat header rows" option (in Word 2007, it's in the "Table Tools" menu -> "Layout," all the way to the right)

    You should now be able to sort your table.

    Your post is quite old, you probably resolved this issue, but I'm posting the solution for anyone else who might find themselves in the same situation.
    5
    1. It is November 14, 2020, and your response from 2013 has been a great help to me. Thank you very much, Julien.
      1
    2. Thank you Julien
      1
  2. Contributor
    How do you want us to respond without examining the file?
    --
    Retirement is great! Especially in the Caribbean... :-)
    ☻ Raymond ♂
    1
    1. Raymond, you know very well that we can answer many questions without examining a file. And if we don't know anything about the nature of a problem, how can we assume that the file is essential?
      Thank you!
      1
    2. Contributor
      It's up to you!

      But you'll have to rely on someone other than me (so someone smarter) to solve your problem...
      -1