Windows 7 cheat sheet

Solved
Hello,

following a crash of my PC, I lost the information from my sticky notes on Windows 7.
the sticky notes work fine but I cannot recover the notes I had on it.

I tried a system restore, but the sticky notes are still empty.
despite my searches, I haven't found anything.
Does anyone know where the folder with the notes is stored?

PS I looked in system32 StikyNot, but that's only the .exe
PS 2 I had a lot of notes, important ones...

thank you for your help

zafr
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6

12 answers

  1. It's possible to recover old notes from Sticky Notes.

    1) Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes

    2) You will find a file called StickyNotes

    3) Right-click on this file. Then in the menu that opens, choose to restore previous versions. A menu of saved versions will then appear (if you have enabled automatic backup).

    Sticky Notes is great, but indeed we tend to close it or delete notes by clicking on the cross in the upper right corner (which makes the current notes disappear).
    203
    1. Please

      tell me how to go to C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.
      0
    2. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      0
    3. Seb, you need to type "%appdata%" in your Windows search bar. You'll see the roaming file appear.
      0
    4. Thank you, man!
      0
    5. After restoring my sticky notes, which program do you open the "sticky notes" file with?
      0