IPhone brightness
Solved/Closed
Hello,
everyone, I just bought an iPhone with 16GB and I'm having a brightness problem. I went through the settings menu, etc., but nothing works; the screen has no light. I'm eagerly waiting for one of you to shed some light on this issue. Thank you in advance, everyone. See you soon!
everyone, I just bought an iPhone with 16GB and I'm having a brightness problem. I went through the settings menu, etc., but nothing works; the screen has no light. I'm eagerly waiting for one of you to shed some light on this issue. Thank you in advance, everyone. See you soon!
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0
22 answers
-
http://helpmiphone.com/In the top left corner of your iPhone, you have a light sensor.
So if you have a case that occupies this space, the light sensor turns off the screen.
On the other hand, if you don't have a case, it means either your sensor is faulty or your LCD is soon to be faulty.
When you make a call, does the iPhone turn off when you put your hand over the top left of your iPhone? If yes, the sensor is working, so we might be concerned about the LCD.
If this persists, the customer service will exchange your iPhone if it is still under warranty.
http://www.helpmiphone.com -
MacBookManGood evening, is the battery properly charged?
If not, try rebooting the iPhone: press Home (round button) + Power (on/off) together until the iPhone turns off and restarts.
--
Google is your friend, but feel free to tap on it to get answers. -
renko93Good evening, I tried it but it didn't work, in fact I see the menu but the screen light doesn't turn on.
-
-
-
-
-
indiaptv@bmwI have the same problem with my iPhone 3!
-
-
MacBookManHave you gone to settings --> brightness? Try turning off the automatic brightness setting and increasing the brightness by hand.
--
Google is your friend, but don't hesitate to tap it for answers. -
renko93I just tried it, it didn't work. The annoying thing is that in the middle of the day I can see, but in the dark I can't see anything anymore.
-
MacBookManBizaed... you can try restoring the iPhone via iTunes. But the result is not guaranteed. Which iPhone do you have, and what firmware version?
--
Google is your friend, but don't hesitate to hit it to get answers. -
renko93I can't even give you the version since I don't know anything about it; I just got it.
-
MacBookManIs it the Edge? With the aluminum back? Or a 3G/3GS with the black or white casing? The firmware is displayed when the iPhone is connected to iTunes.
--
Google is your friend, but feel free to hit it to get some answers. -
tony080Hello,
So this story is weird because if your phone doesn’t have brightness, you should see better at night than during the day (well personally, when I don’t set brightness on my iPhone, I see better at night ^^)
Then if your iPhone doesn’t have light, it’s probably a manufacturing defect, so take it back to your customer service
Have a nice evening :)-
-
nunuche 47I have a 3GS that is a few weeks old and I'm experiencing the same issue, from what I understand:
the device acts as if the brightness is at its minimum when the light is "normal", but we realize in the dark that in fact there is no (back?) lighting at all. Ultimately, it can only be used in bright sunlight or under a lamp bulb. The sensor seems to be working, according to the tests recommended on the forum.
Oh, and sometimes magically, the light comes back, which makes me doubt it's a settings problem. The device might have gotten humid one day in one of my bags that got caught in the rain... could that have damaged the LCD?
Do you think they will repair or exchange it anyway? -
simounitI would like to just add my own experience regarding these backlight issues.
For several months, I had no backlight on my iPhone 3GS (after it got wet)
Being certain that it was the LCD's fault, I went ahead and changed the LCD.
Right after the change, the backlight came back, but only for a few minutes, then it was intermittent.
I realized that it depended on the outside brightness.
So I went into the settings and just slightly decreased the brightness, and since then everything works perfectly! -
-
-
-
renko93Thank you, that's kind. Have a good evening to you too.
-
tony080except that he disabled the automatic brightness setting
and when I activate the automatic setting and place something over the sensors, the screen doesn’t turn off, yet when I make a call and hold the iPhone to my ear, the screen turns off. -
tony080Well, no, unless I don't understand what you mean...
If we disable the automatic brightness adjustment feature, we're putting the sensors aside...
and we manually adjust the brightness ourselves. Try covering the sensors and changing the brightness manually; you'll see that it works very well ^^ -
cashI've had this problem several times before. The trick is simple: when your iPhone is on, remove the SIM card - and turn it off. Turn it back on and magically, it works. You can then put your SIM card back in.
-
-
-
-
-
bessI have the same problem for almost 3 weeks now, even though I've had the iPhone 3GS 16 for just over a month. At first, the light would go off after a certain period of use, but for the past four days, it has been turning off automatically. I tried your procedure but it didn't change anything
help!!!
-
-
StarachouHow do you change an LCD? How much does it cost? I have the same problem and I also think that my iPhone has been damaged by rain or something, it's on but I can only see it if I place it under a lamp or strong light! It's really a hassle...
Is this kind of damage covered by insurance???
Thanks in advance and if anyone has found another way to fix it, I'm interested... -
Jack SparroHello,
I have a small issue, I manually set the brightness of my iPhone to 0%.
Now, the screen is completely black, I can't see anything!
What can I do?
Thank you. -
samoaHello, I reduced the brightness and miraculously it works, haha good luck!! Thanks for the tip!!!!
-
wiliampeelI wanted to share my experience after reading your posts. The same problem occurred with my partner's 3GS. Little by little, it lost brightness. It would come back at first, but not at all towards the end. I followed all the advice I found online, restoration, reboot... Nothing worked.
The luck I had was that I had my own 3GS. So I disassembled the LCD screen from the first one and connected it to my 3GS (connector #1). Still no brightness. I logically concluded that it was a failure of the LCD and not the sensor (unless both are faulty...) and I ordered a new one (about 40 euros including shipping). Installation is planned following advice from YouTube. -
comancheHello,
I have the same problem and I changed the screen but it didn't change anything.
If the technique of resetting the iPhone by pressing Home + Power simultaneously for 10 seconds doesn't solve the issue, there's still a workaround:
Here's a little trick that will "help" you without actually fixing your iPhone:
1-Go to Settings --> Brightness --> set the brightness to zero, then press the POWER button to lock the iPhone and press it again to turn it back on.
You should be able to see better in a dark place.
2-Go to Settings --> Brightness --> and gradually increase the brightness (really slowly) without lifting your finger until the screen goes off (you've reached the maximum brightness acceptable for this malfunction), then decrease it a bit and press the POWER button to lock the iPhone and press it again to turn it back on.
If you see nothing, start over...
Otherwise, I think it's the 6R8 coil soldered to the motherboard that manages the backlight that gets damaged in two cases apparently:
- either your iPhone has been exposed to water.
- or you disassembled it and disconnected the screen's connectors without turning off the iPhone first... -
noludu01I have the same issue with my screen, it's black but you can see with a flashlight and I have no sound either (I have to plug in the headphones or connect something to the charger port... ahhh these machines, when they work it's great but as soon as they go down!!!! :~(
-
Souff95600You need to use a flashlight to go to settings/brightness, disable automatic brightness, and then adjust it manually using the brightness slider.
-
- 1
- 2
Next