Unsupported Frequencies

Solved
Hello, I had an electricity problem in my laundry room and my dad turned the breakers off and on, which turned off my computer. When I turned it back on, my screen said "Unsupported frequency." I searched for tips everywhere on Google and this site, but nothing related the problem to a "power failure" and I'm hesitant to mess up my computer like uninstalling all the drivers, since I'm not really familiar with safe mode and I don't want to make any mistakes. I tried going into my monitor's menu but nothing works, I tried reconnecting my monitor but nothing works, I even tried turning off my computer for about a minute and nothing works... It's impossible for me to access Windows. Any solutions to this problem? Thank you so much for your time and help!
Configuration: Windows XP Mozilla Firefox

14 answers

  1. Does he tell you that once you reach Windows or as soon as you press the button to turn it on?
    0
    1. When I press the button to turn on my computer and my screen lights up, immediately after there's a box that moves around my screen saying Unsupported Frequency, I don't even have time to get to Windows, I can't do anything...
      -1
      1. Try removing the battery from your motherboard for two minutes, put it back, and try again... Don't forget to unplug your PC from the power source before doing the maneuver.
        -1
        1. Phew, I'll give it a try, it's not really my field haha! I'll get back to you in a few minutes.
          0
          1. Sorry, but what does a motherboard battery look like?
            0
            1. It's a small round and flat battery that is mandatory on every motherboard.
              0
              1. Oh yeah, okay, I saw, but how do we remove it? I've tried using my nails but I don't dare use a knife to take it off... I'm sorry, I'm not at all in my element :P
                0
                1. Try to leverage anything, trying to do it as gently as possible but don't worry, your battery won't break;). And don't worry, we all have our weak points =)
                  0
                  1. Alright! I removed and replaced the battery. Now I have a page with a big MSI at the top and options below

                    F1 for Run Setup
                    F2 to continue default

                    What should I do?
                    0
                    1. Ouaaah! Thank you very much, it's working again! But did doing this maneuver uninstall something?
                      0
                      1. No, nothing, however your BIOS settings have been restored to factory defaults. But in my opinion, you've never touched them, so it hasn't changed anything for you.
                        0
                        1. But now my MSN doesn't work anymore.
                          0
                          1. Do you at least have internet? If not, reinstall MSN, don't be...
                            0