My computer won't turn on anymore

Solved/Closed
Here it is, I have a big problem. I'm using my PC like every day, everything was fine, no viruses, but then I shut it down and when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened: no screen, no fan, nothing...

Apparently it's not the power supply because I tried another one and my mouse, which is always on, is still powered.

I really have no idea what's wrong, so if anyone can help that would be very nice
especially since I need the PC for school, thanks in advance.

7 answers

  1. First, you need to disconnect the power supply and the battery, then press the power button for about 20 seconds, reconnect the power supply, and try to turn it on normally.

    If that doesn't work, you need to locate the CMOS battery on the motherboard (which looks like a larger watch battery, see below: https://www.commentcamarche.net/contents/37-assembler-un-pc) and remove it. Be gentle though, it's preferable.

    After waiting one or two minutes, you should put it back in and you're good to go. It already worked in my case, it doesn't cost anything, and it's risk-free (in principle). However, if that has no effect, good luck with buying a new PC…
    757
    1. Hello. My laptop isn't working anymore; I left it on and it was charging when I came back, the screen was off. I think it had a virus, but I had my Sims 3 CD inside and I can't recover it, so could you tell me what to do?
      Thank you in advance (;
      0
    2. you slide a needle into the small hole next to the button to open the drive
      1
    3. I have the same problem since last night, the screen turned off by itself at startup.
      I have an HP Pavilion dv 9000 laptop, I removed the power battery and then turned it back on, I pressed the F8 function but it doesn't work, the screen is still black, what should I do, thank you for replying.
      0
    4. Hello;
      so I was in the process of installing a Canon printer on my HP d530 computer..... suddenly the computer shut down by itself. And when I try to start it, it won't turn on but the power indicator light is on and the same goes for the BIOS battery.
      Can you help me please?? Thank you in advance :d
      0
    5. maybe it's overheating!
      When turning off your computer, try to restart it about ten times. If the tenth or eleventh time it works and your computer turns off automatically again 3 minutes later, it's overheating... keep me posted please.
      0