Barcode printing in Acrobat

Solved
Hello,
I am using an online software from La Poste (Belgium). This service generates shipping labels with a barcode number. These labels are sent to me in Pdf format. They appear perfectly fine on the screen. However, when I print them (on a black and white Hewlett Packard 4M Plus laser printer), the numbers (under the bars) print normally while the bars are obscured by a dark gray rectangle. Nevertheless, they slightly overflow (about 0.5 mm) beneath this rectangle. I have temporarily solved this problem by taking a screenshot of the Pdf document, which gives me a Jpeg document that I import into a XPress document (to size it). But it's a hassle, and I would like to be able to print directly, which would save me time.
Note - I am working with Adobe Reader 7.0.0 Professional on Mac OS X 10.4.11.
Thank you for your responses.
Configuration: Mac OS X 10.4.11 Safari 525.22

4 answers

  1. I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but I've been very busy these past few days.

    I have installed Acrobat Reader 9.0.0 and opened the PDF documents in question.
    When printed, there is no longer a problem. The barcodes print correctly on the HP. This issue is therefore resolved.

    However, the application now opens in English.
    I assume it is multilingual, but I can't find a way to switch it to French. I have searched through the preferences and found nothing.
    I checked the help section, which provides online assistance (in English, of course, and apparently very limited). I was surprised not to find the complete help of previous versions with table of contents, index, and search functions. How can I make the application function in French?
    0