Acer sound crackling
Solved
Hello,
I recently got an ACER 7720G laptop. At first, everything worked very well, but recently I've been hearing a recurring crackling noise from the laptop's speakers. It occurs when I play online games, watch videos/listen to music, and sometimes even when I'm browsing the internet, and it causes some lag. I've updated my audio drivers (Realtek) but the problem persists. Do you have a solution?
Thank you in advance.
PS: I did some research, but the solutions didn't work. (Disabling Aero, etc...)
I recently got an ACER 7720G laptop. At first, everything worked very well, but recently I've been hearing a recurring crackling noise from the laptop's speakers. It occurs when I play online games, watch videos/listen to music, and sometimes even when I'm browsing the internet, and it causes some lag. I've updated my audio drivers (Realtek) but the problem persists. Do you have a solution?
Thank you in advance.
PS: I did some research, but the solutions didn't work. (Disabling Aero, etc...)
Configuration: Windows Vista Firefox 2.0.0.14
25 answers
-
Problem solved for me by going to Control Panel
SOUND=>Speaker Properties=>in the "Levels" tab set "Internal Subwoofer" to 0,
there you go, hoping to have helped you. -
The real problem is that the subwoofer is damaged! The grizzling comes from air escaping from the flexible surround of the speaker diaphragm... This hole was created by the heat generated during use! To achieve the original sound from the computer, this part must therefore be replaced!
The question is where to find this spare part now? If you have any idea, I am all ears! -
The problem does indeed come from the drivers provided by Acer (a bunch of incompetents).
We can solve the issue by downloading the drivers provided by the Realtek website or by changing the OS (for those who are motivated). -
the voice comes across very poorly
-
The drivers from the Realtek site are newer than those from Acer, and they have eliminated the crackling for me!
-
Just update the audio driver!
I did it (I have an Aspire 7738G) and no more buzzing since!!!
I can finally enjoy the power of my speakers. -
I had the same problem: my Acer 6930G went to Darty's service center and the problem returned even after the replacement of the speaker unit.
MY SOLUTION:
- I downloaded the latest audio driver from the esupport website http://www.acer.fr/acer/service.do and installed the one from a newer Acer but with the same audio chipset (Realtek HD Audio + HDMI). The problem wasn't resolved, but since the adjustment interface was more complete, I kept it.
- I went to the Realtek website and downloaded the latest version of the HD Audio driver (Audio only).
- Then, from the device manager (under Windows 7 or Vista), I updated the Realtek HD audio driver (right-click, update driver) and selected the one from the Realtek site (audio only).
After restarting, there was no more crackling issues, both with 5.1 and stereo, and with all effects activated!
I no longer encounter problems even with resource-intensive applications (like NFS Shift, ...) and I can finally enjoy the power of the speakers. -
Hi everyone… I have exactly the same problem with the sound crackling on an Acer 7720ZG…
I don’t know what I did, but when I press the green "e" in the top left of my keyboard, an error message appears saying "the specified file is not found."
Could you please tell me how to remove the empowering technology? I'm really not good at this…. -
Actually, I found out where the problem came from.
I disabled the microphone volume (several different settings).
One managed to eliminate the constant buzzing, while the other removed the buzzing every 2 seconds along with the keyboard noise. -
Hello.
I also have this problem with my TravelMate 8204WLMi
When I increase the volume, I hear a crackling sound (with or without headphones plugged in). On top of that, there's a small crackling noise that comes back every 2 seconds or so. And when I type on the keyboard, the crackling is even louder.
I've also noticed that when I listen near the battery (even with the laptop turned off), I can also hear a crackling coming from the battery or from inside the laptop.
In short, I'm completely lost. -
Good evening.
I have a problem with my Acer 6530 laptop that seems a bit strange for a few days now. I hear a buzzing sound when I plug in the power supply. I didn't have this problem at first; everything was working fine. Thank you in advance.-
-
@XAVIERBIBSame problem with the Aspire 6530 bought in December (crackling and slowing down issues). I deleted "acer empowering technology" and everything works fine.
I should have gone for a Mac... more expensive but at least you get what you pay for.. -
Hi everyone, so to keep it short because it's really simple lol, basically for some reason you need to do a manipulation. I had the same issue as all of you and I searched and ended up finding it (purely by chance). I'll explain
you go to the battery symbol at the bottom right, right-click => power options, then it depends on your setting: power saver, normal, or high performance. I think we all modified the settings for the screen, etc... so you click on modify the settings of the plan, then on restore the default settings for this plan (the one you are on, for example, mine is high performance). Once done, test your sound and then readjust your settings for the screen, etc... and normally it should be fine
let me know if it works for you too, thanks ;) -
-
-
By the way, if you don’t need Acer Empowering Technology, uninstall it!! Because several people have had this problem and uninstalled it. After that, it worked.
-
-
-
@nobodyGood evening,
Uninstalling e-empowering is indeed the solution to the crackling sound; it worked very well for me.
As for the Wi-Fi, it will still work because it won't uninstall the drivers for your Wi-Fi card!
Uninstall without hesitation, that crackling is so annoying! -
@squall6969Yet the internet works with empowering, right? (I'm just afraid of breaking my PC again lol)
-
@nobodyThe question is not whether the internet works with empowering or not, we need to solve the sound problem!
And without empowering, the internet works just fine!
-
-
Hello,
I have the Acer Aspire 7720G laptop with a slightly different configuration (3069 MB of RAM, Intel Core Duo T5550 1.83 GHz) running Windows Vista. My sound was also crackling, and I resolved my issue by installing "XTreme-G Drivers for Vista 32 bit" and now, after a reboot, the sound coming from my speakers is not crackling. But since you have a slightly different configuration, I'm not sure if this will work for you.
I hope I was able to help you... -
Same problem on an Acer 7720g laptop, the sound crackles, even with external speakers...
The audio drivers are up to date, what could it be????
Thank you -
Exactly the same problem during games and sometimes while playing mp3s, my computer is also an Acer 7720g bought a month ago!!
Sound card drivers updated!!
What to do??
heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! -
So it’s the speakers that are of poor quality…
-
Try the external speakers trick... it's not a dumb idea!
-
Spybot found nothing. Wow, is Acer that bad? Well...
Anyway, thanks ;) -
ContributorYes but no!
Really, I know it's hard to imagine but it’s Acer, it’s the reality! There are tons of petitions going on against Acer. The problem can only come from that or a bad connection on the motherboard, something faulty. In both cases, he can't do anything about it.
To check with us, he should plug in an external speaker kit or headphones and tell us if the sound still crackles.
--
Hey, will you be my friend? -
Yeah, okay, I can agree that the sound can be of more or less good quality, but it should still be able to listen to something without it messing up!
At this rate, we can say that HP also doesn't know how to handle sound, because my ex's laptop, my God, the horror as soon as you turn it up a bit too loud! lol
- 1
- 2
Next