.sh

Solved
Hello,
How to make a .sh executable please?
Whether I use chmod or not (unless there's a chmod error) I get a: bash: xxxx.sh: command not found

Thanks for your insights
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

4 answers

  1. Indeed, it works... But what I'm looking for is a way to avoid typing unnecessary syntax, so typing 'script.sh', or even just 'script' would be sufficient. I think it's feasible, I used to do it on another distribution

    right?
    0
    1. Moderator
      Hello,

      Rule n° 1: Read the links that are provided carefully!!!

      Example message #2!

      ;-))
      --
      JP - Penguin breeder -
      Do something for the environment, close your windows and adopt a penguin.
      0
    2. @jipicyI went to consult the link, but apparently I didn't manage to make use of the information...

      I've added the path, but nothing changes. file.sh doesn't execute by itself; I have to put a sh in front of it.

      Alright, I'll read everything carefully again just in case...
      0
  2. Moderator
    script.sh
    -> command not found.


    I didn't say script.sh
    I said
     ./script.sh
    --
    106485010510997108
    0
    1. Moderator
      Hello,

      type
      ./script.sh
      --
      106485010510997108
      0
      1. script.sh
        -> command not found.

        Yet if I do 'sh file.sh' it works.
        0