Problem with mscomct2.ocx

Solved
Hello,

I am trying to install a software for property diagnostic reports, WinCarrez. The software installs correctly, but when I launch it, I get an error message that appears:

The component 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' or one of its dependencies is not registered correctly: a file is missing or incorrect.

I have reinstalled the software, I dragged the file onto regsvr32.exe, I received an update for this file and its "dependencies" and....

still the same error message appears
So that's my problem
If anyone has a miracle solution, thank you in advance

Marianne
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

5 answers

  1. I solved my problem!! Here is the command line for those who are facing the same issue as me:

    Run - execute - then:

    REGSVR32 /u/s mscomct2.ocx

    That's it!!

    Marianne
    4
    1. I can't figure out how to do this on Vista. I might be stupid!!!! Thanks for your reply, Marinne.
      0
    2. Thank you, it works great!!!!
      (for a problem with the installation of thermal engineering software)
      0
    3. Thank you, it works ;)
      0
    4. I'm on Vista and I have the same problem as you, titis003.
      0
  2. You look in another PC according to your operating system
    and you replace what is in your PC

    Example in Windows NT or 2000: WINNT\system32\MSCOMCT2.OCX
    0
    1. Another small thing with Wincarrez:

      If you do not want to grant administrative rights to Wincarrez users:

      Grant full control rights on the directory C:\OBBC\
      And on the two files: C:\Windows\System32\WINCOLE32.DLI & c:\WINDOWS\System32\WINDLL.DLL

      Without these rights, Wincarrez will not work with a non-admin user.

      I have another small issue with Wincarrez.. with all the updates for Windows XP, Wincarrez no longer installs:

      error message: Overflow..
      Filemon and Regmon only give me messages like: OVERFLOW .. but I don't really know where that should lead me... they haven't been able to provide me with a solution yet.. aside from uninstalling all Windows security updates... which I would rather not do..

      Any ideas?
      Thanks if there's a response!
      1
      1. I had the same issue under XP; I downloaded the MSCOMCT2.COM file from the Microsoft website and placed it in C:\windows\System32, and it worked. Thanks for the tip.
        0
    2. Thank you for your message, it resolved mine as well.
      The same as yours, but with PDFCreator.
      0
      1. Hello,

        I still haven't found a solution to my registry problem, any help

        Thank you all

        Marianne
        0